Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
730 Posts
I don't but I live in front of a big park w/ a course in it. I get to see all of the hippies go in. They come back smiling for some reason. :twofinger

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Heard a co-worker in Tucson talking about doing it...but have NO idea what it is

·
Registered
430 Posts
Ca$h said:
I have no idea what it is.
+1 heard of it but no idea what it is....

·
Registered
121 Posts
We used to play in college. Usually took a lot of beer with us and hung out. It was definitely cool if you had an afternoon to waste.

·
i ride sideways
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dang, disc golf is just like normal golf pretty much, played on 9 or 18 hole courses comprised of mostly par 3's. the holes range in length from 150-500+ft, have a concrete tee box to tee off from, and the pin is a basket with chains hanging down from a hoop to catch incoming discs. its played with discs much like frisbees, except the discs are smaller in diameter, a bit heavier, and more streamlined with a smaller lip. there are many different disc manufacturers and types of discs, ranging from drivers to midranges to putters. each type of disc can be purchased with different flight characteristics as well, such as overstable drivers, which allows the disc golfer to play a variety of shots.

its alot of fun, its free to play at a course, and ive found most of my discs, most of which are pretty good, and the ones ive bought add up to a total of 8 bucks, but if you buy them in sporting goods stores they can run up to 20-25 bucks for a high end disc. it took me a while to get the technique of throwing the discs down, but after a few rounds you start to get the hang of it. if you like trying new stuff or just having fun, i suggest you play a round of disc one day. :D

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
Exodus does. I played it with him once, and I had fun. I sucked at it big time, but I had fun.

I work odd hours, so I really don't have many good chances to go do something like that.

·
Pre-register sex offender
1,091 Posts
ya, i play a bit....

im baffled as to how exactly it came the sport of pot heads and drunks... hahahha

·
Registered
138 Posts
Disc golf rocks! We have several good courses here in the KC area. I'm not all that good, but it's a lot of fun.

One sport that you can ride your bike to - not much equipment required! Makes for a great outing all the way around.

·
Registered
101 Posts
ya, disc golf is fun as hell, gotta love it, I've paid for 2 or 3 discs, and find the others. the last 4 holes are over/around a lake/pond, sometimes we sneak in the park after closing, and go swimming in the lake and retrieve lots of discs.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Best part is, many courses are completely free. Discs are about 10 bucks a piece, so for $10-30 you can have all the basics and hours of free entertainment :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts