Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
El A MC Rider
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else in Iraq, particularly Camp Victory? I volunteered for a year tour so I'll be here awhile. Would be nice if someone from the board were hanging out here too...might get together for a fake beer or something. :cheers

·
Resident Gun Nut
1,092 Posts
i'm in iraq, but i'm up in haditha, about 50 miles from the syrian border. my 7 month tour comes to an end soon. thank god! i'm ready to get back home and back on my bike! this country is driving my nuts! take care down there at victory!

·
Registered
615 Posts
jim schmidt said:
Fake beer? That's just wrong. PM me your address and I'll send you a real six pack. Be sure to tell me what you like (cans, of course.)
Ouch that beer is gonna be hurtin by the time it gets there. You'd be better off setting up a stil and brewin some potato mash.

·
El A MC Rider
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cookhj said:
i'm in iraq, but i'm up in haditha, about 50 miles from the syrian border. my 7 month tour comes to an end soon. thank god! i'm ready to get back home and back on my bike! this country is driving my nuts! take care down there at victory!
Yeah, I'm looking forward to R&R in October....been here since April. This dust and heat drives me nuts as well....I dream about my bike daily. Have a safe trip home!

·
El A MC Rider
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jim schmidt said:
Fake beer? That's just wrong. PM me your address and I'll send you a real six pack. Be sure to tell me what you like (cans, of course.)
Thanks for the offer Jim, but we can't have alcohol here....against General Order #1. It's cool....I don't drink anyway :) I just raid the fridge when we get Red Bull :)

Attachments

·
at the track
3,121 Posts
Sent you a pm

·
Registered
16 Posts
for you guys in iraq, i have a question

i have been heavily contemplating going into the army as a combat engineer. im just conflicted with the, i dont know how to say it, morality of the war. i don't have enough information (and i dont think i ever will unless i actually go to iraq) to decide if this war is right or not. so my question to you is: how do most soldiers that are in iraq actually feel about the war? are they proud and believe their fighting for a good cause, or are they just fullfilling their tour and can't wait to get back home?

thanks

·
Like Bing and Bong
795 Posts
I'll be there next month.

Camp Blue Diamond in Ar Ramadi
:)

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
BRO send me a can of that red bull...ill send you a case for one of those. I like the print (not that i like arabic i just think its kool)

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
I like the idea of doing a Red Bull distribution. One SBN member can send a 6-pack of Red Bull to a fellow SBN member deployed abroad. Token of our appreciation of the service men and women serving our country.

·
at the track
3,121 Posts
mikem317 said:
I like the idea of doing a Red Bull distribution. One SBN member can send a 6-pack of Red Bull to a fellow SBN member deployed abroad. Token of our appreciation of the service men and women serving our country.
That would kick ass

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
EMMM TREE said:
how do most soldiers that are in iraq actually feel about the war? are they proud and believe their fighting for a good cause, or are they just fullfilling their tour and can't wait to get back home?
I think you would find that the answer is "all of the above".

Trust me, it is possible to believe in doing your duty as you have sworn while also questioning the cause or wanting to get back home.

Don't let all the armchair "patriots" convince you otherwise.

Nobody can answer this question for you. Only you can decide. Once you join, you don't really get to pick and choose the military actions in which you participate.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I dont think soldiers are allowed to publicly air their views about the morality of the war, however their families are under no such restrictions, you can get a good idea of their views by talking to them.

·
Super Moderator
4,658 Posts
I'm here at FOB Summerall. Iraq sucks. I believe in our mission. Have mistakes been made? Sure as shit, but as long as the human factor is involved there will always be mistakes. Don't send any RedBull our way. We have tons of it in the DFAC. Shoot me an addy and send a care package via anysoldier.com and I will send you the red bull with arabic writing on it.

I miss my bikes very much.

Camp Victory is one of the better places to be deployed to over here.

·
El A MC Rider
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
BusaDave said:
I think you would find that the answer is "all of the above".

Trust me, it is possible to believe in doing your duty as you have sworn while also questioning the cause or wanting to get back home.

Don't let all the armchair "patriots" convince you otherwise.

Nobody can answer this question for you. Only you can decide. Once you join, you don't really get to pick and choose the military actions in which you participate.

Amen. Well said....

·
El A MC Rider
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
busarider54 said:
I'm here at FOB Summerall. Iraq sucks. I believe in our mission. Have mistakes been made? Sure as shit, but as long as the human factor is involved there will always be mistakes. Don't send any RedBull our way. We have tons of it in the DFAC. Shoot me an addy and send a care package via anysoldier.com and I will send you the red bull with arabic writing on it.

I miss my bikes very much.

Camp Victory is one of the better places to be deployed to over here.
Yep...what he said. The English version of Red Bull is sold in the BX, so we don't need any Red Bull. Definitely send packages addressed to any soldier as we make a point of taking those goodies to the guys/gals on the "wire". Looks like Busa will take care of you on the Arabic Red Bull version, so there you have it.

Busa, be careful at Summerall.

Steph

·
El A MC Rider
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It doesn't matter how we came about this conflict, the fact remains we're here and there's a job to be done. Even if a soldier doesn't believe in the war, we're still here to accomplish the mission and support EACH OTHER. Whatever we can do to ensure we get the hell out of here as soon as we can, TOGETHER, then that's what makes the effort worthwhile.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts