Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes I take mine with me. I'd like to hear what you have, why you carry, and how you carry. I'll start:

H&K usp.40 because sometimes places in South Florida can be a bit unsavory. I usually carry small of the back. If not there then in a shoulder holster.

Fernando

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
i usually dont cary one but on the rare occasion that i do its a 9mm and i have a shoulder holster. I really dont like to carry it but there are those places we go that we should have them

·
Registered
569 Posts
I don't have one, but wouldn't mind having one on occasion... mainly for the rides way out in the boonies where I don't know anyone or know where to go or who to call should the need to protect myself arise.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I sometimes carry a HK usp compact .45 in a fanny pack made for it...turn the pack around where is riding in the small of my back...I think i shoulder holster would be nice...what brand do you carry your HK .40 in?

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
some no name thing made in taiwan I bought off ebay. I like it cause its that Cordura? material? feels good and secure.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I carry a P89 Ruger 9mm it works for what I use it for !!!

·
Registered
725 Posts
thats funny

GSX-Racer said:
I live in canada, I don't need to have one :flipa
Every country that has taken away the guns from the good guys has had unreal increases in violent crime, England and Australia are some good examples. Violent crime has gone up 600% since the new laws. In the city of London you have a 1 in 6 chance of being mugged... per year. Any place thats gun free, is a very unsafe place I would not want to be. I live in Alaska and I have a Glock 33 that is on my 24/7 odds are I'll never need it because Alaska has a very high percentage of "carryers" But I like the insurance, and to keep the statistic up.

My method of carry depends on what I'm doing or wearing, most common lately is a Galco "ankle glove" in the winter I typically use galco "jackass shoulder rig" under a long sleeve shirt. Or the Desantis "cosy partner" inside wasteband. or in the woods I shoulder a 480 Ruger

·
Super Moderator
18,633 Posts
Did I click in the wrong forum again...I've got to quit drinking :alky

Anyway...I carry a gun almost at all times...I have a 9mm S&W in the truck and a Colt 380 that stays on me most of the time...

Then at the house you can choose between a high powered rifle or a shotgun...And that's after my 3 dogs have their turn first :D

·
Jerk
990 Posts
I'm picking up a Hi-Point 380ACP this month for the home, but I am not going to carry until c&c is passed, don't want to get myself in trouble.

Tom.

·
Registered
30 Posts
falco said:
Every country that has taken away the guns from the good guys has had unreal increases in violent crime, England and Australia are some good examples. Violent crime has gone up 600% since the new laws. In the city of London you have a 1 in 6 chance of being mugged... per year. Any place thats gun free, is a very unsafe place I would not want to be. I live in Alaska and I have a Glock 33 that is on my 24/7 odds are I'll never need it because Alaska has a very high percentage of "carryers" But I like the insurance, and to keep the statistic up.

My method of carry depends on what I'm doing or wearing, most common lately is a Galco "ankle glove" in the winter I typically use galco "jackass shoulder rig" under a long sleeve shirt. Or the Desantis "cosy partner" inside wasteband. or in the woods I shoulder a 480 Ruger

actually your half wrong. in the countries that have done that the violent crime rate is majorly less than in countries like the us. as far as bieng mugged, would you rather be shot in the head or hit with a fist? btw, the mugging rate in england i know for sure is not 1 in 6.

but as far as pistols i have a

ruger semi auto .22
ruger 6 shot .22
ruger .357
and a remington .45

and thats just the pistols

btw, dont break into my house... :)

·
Registered
268 Posts
what the hell do you guys need to carry guns for? Are you robbing banks or something? IMO there is absolutly no reason to carry a gun on a sportbike. Even if you are riding through the extreme hood/ghetto, you are on one of the fastest machines around, hit the damn throttle to get away, don't shoot people!

Please, enlighten me on why people should carry while riding, or even for everyday use.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
"I live in canada, I don't need to have one " by GSXR-RACER is his assumption. It is only that we Cdns are not allowed to carry a h/gun let alone use any form of f/arm for self-defense or even as a means of defending one's family. Gone are the days of "your home is your castle".

I have a love for 45 semi-autos & having two custom made ones, with one being made to my specs. IF I was allowed to carry a f/arm then I would have a word with the pistolsmith that churned out the two I have & have a shortened & more compact 45. After all one does not need 15 rnds to defend one's self so six max in the compart version & a spare mag would give me 12 rnds.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
If I had a gun I would probably shoot a few SUVs a day - hence no gun for me. :) Why do people carry guns? To feel safer though I doubt they're any better off. Probably more likely to get killed that way.

·
Believe It or Not........
5,339 Posts
Haven't carried while riding yet but I've got a Glock 23 (compact .40) for that purpose. I have my concealed weapon permit also.

Also have a Sig 220 (.45)

I guess I should mention I'm originally from Miami, FL but I'm working in Ireland for a little while.

1 - 20 of 154 Posts