Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 02 gsxr 1000 and just yesterday it started doing this. i was riding for about an hour and it was fine...rode perfectly....stopped for awhile got back on about an hour later and rode for about 30 mins and it was still fine. then all of a sudden it started cutting off almost....no matter what gear or how fast i was going almost like it was stalling. (and this is on the highway) then it started to completely shut off on me. i would be going 65 mph and it would just die. no lights came on, i had just filled up with gas and the oil has recently been changed on it. any help?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Sounds like a loose connection somewhere. Trace the wires from your ignition switch, on/off/start switch, fuses, etc. If that doesn't work, there may be something wrong with your tip-over sensor.

·
how bout dem deadskins
3,235 Posts
sounds like your battery terminals are loose.. check that, i was having that problem with my 96' gixxer that it would want to turn off while i was riding and it turned out to be the negitive terminal was loose. easy fix

·
Registered
801 Posts
Does it start and stay running at idle?

·
Registered
92 Posts
mine would cut off if i had the clutch pulled in and was stoping at a light, its in the shop right now so i will let you know what it is when i get it back

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
sounds like fuel filter needs replacing and your bike is grounding out some where, that can be a :nutkick , but if a connector has come lose you shouldn't have a promblem

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks everyone....im pretty sure it was just the battery...the wires were so loose you would turn them by hand. so i tightened them and so far its been running fine. thank u so much for all the help!

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
sounds like you found it...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts