Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed that there is quite alot of play in the whole brake light assembly. It moves up and down about an eighth of an inch!!!! What's the deal with this? I tried tightening the two bolts from the inside (when the seat is off) but they are already tight. No doubt it would move around on me when I'm riding over bumps and probably even when I'm riding in the higher rpm's. Anyone else have this problem???

possible solutions?

·
Registered
155 Posts
They're all like that. Just the way they designed it, I guess.

·
Registered
64 Posts
There was a thread on the old boards on this topic. I thought the same at first. It is designed that way - R1 and R6 is the same. Probably to prevent vibration from damaging the bulb.

·
Registered
23 Posts
MikeC said:
There was a thread on the old boards on this topic. I thought the same at first. It is designed that way - R1 and R6 is the same. Probably to prevent vibration from damaging the bulb.
i second that..quite sure thats the reason for the design..most of the bikes ive had have been like this

·
Registered
149 Posts
I took an old bicycle tube cut out a piece, folded it over and wedged it in ... it is invisible (unless you know what to look for) ... allows some movement and stops the HUGE (IMO) movement and associated rattle ...

·
Registered
75 Posts
MikeC said:
That's exactly what it's for. It helps stops the hot filament in the bulb from vibrating and burning out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Interesting... thanks for the info everyone. Wouldn't have guessed that it was to protect the bulb!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Had the same problem. Went back to the dealer and they added a couple of extra rubber washers, which has stiffened it up. No other problems yet, but I always keep my eye on it. But the general feel is that is was designed that way. My older bikes were not like that, which is why I too thought it was weird. Oh well, seems everyone here has hit the same thing.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Well I feel better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts