Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in San Diego last month for 3 days and well kind of got bored. Its like any other West Coast Big city to me, car culture and malls. So took a trip to Tijuana and the made it to the now I know famous Zona Norte. WOW, lets not judge but I did enjoy what the place has to offer. Its like nothing else in North America, be free and happy!

The Hong Kong club is just amazing, part brothel/ strip club.
I wish I was there right now.

·
Premium Member
9,239 Posts
Funny, because I'd love to be in San Diego right now. Went there for the first time back in Feburary and thought it was great. Two days ago I bought event tickets already for next February. Can't wait to go back.

We never made it anywhere lose to TJ. Probably not my kind of scene, but if you like it...enjoy. :cheers

·
You are here
3,535 Posts
Is Pedrin's still there across from the Jai Lai palace? I used to love that place. I could get stuffed full of the best food I ever ate and royally drunk for about $10. It was a long time ago, but $10 was still cheap back then for any dinner, especially a really, really good one.

·
You are here
3,535 Posts
I recall drinking in a bar watching the guy next to me getting a blow job. No kidding. That whore wasn't giving me a whole lotta Latina fever, though.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
If I wanted latina fever I'd go to Santa Ana, it's close enough to TJ. Lived in Southern California my entire life and still haven't been to Mexico.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Your loss.
Loss of what? I can walk a mile in just about any direction from my apartment for authentic hole in the wall Mexican food. If I want strippers, there's a gentleman's club across the freeway. If I want to listen to Mariachi music I just need to stay home every other weekend. Sexy latina girls? They're in the pool every weekend during the summer and my apartment is right in front of the pool.

So what exactly am I missing by not going to Mexico? Dirty streets? My truck getting stolen? I guess I could walk across, but that's still a pain in the ass too. Cheap Mexican beer? Blowjobs from dirty whores? Maybe the Tequila, because I know there's good Tequila down there that doesn't come across the border. Otherwise, I just really don't care about TJ and I never really have.

·
A guy on a scruffy bike
15,367 Posts
Loss of what? I can walk a mile in just about any direction from my apartment for authentic hole in the wall Mexican food. If I want strippers, there's a gentleman's club across the freeway. If I want to listen to Mariachi music I just need to stay home every other weekend. Sexy latina girls? They're in the pool every weekend during the summer and my apartment is right in front of the pool.

So what exactly am I missing by not going to Mexico? Dirty streets? My truck getting stolen? I guess I could walk across, but that's still a pain in the ass too. Cheap Mexican beer? Blowjobs from dirty whores? Maybe the Tequila, because I know there's good Tequila down there that doesn't come across the border. Otherwise, I just really don't care about TJ and I never really have.
Tijuana had a lot to offer about 30 years ago or more. Now it's mostly a pit, with some party spots for spoiled college kids. Ensenada mostly the same. Once you get past those, though, there's a lot of good. Nice beaches, small towns, very nice people, lobster dinners, great fishing spots, nice camping, some good riding roads -- a very relaxing place.

PhilB

Reactions: dveldt

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
I'd love to get down and do the touristy shit and go see the ruins and whatnot, but I'm not going to go out of my way just to go to TJ or Ensenada for food, girls, and music that I can get locally whether I want it or not.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sounds like I need to move to Anaheim. I'm Chinese and even us Chinese guys say avoid the modern Chinese woman, more headaches than joy.
Perhaps I got the grass is greener thinking going on with Mexicans, seems like the men of the culture get treated well by their ladies.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
Interesting, here I am wondering if I should give it a shot with one of the handful of Asian chicks I know. At least one is Chinese. Maybe two. I have difficulty remembering at times.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Sounds like I need to move to Anaheim. I'm Chinese and even us Chinese guys say avoid the modern Chinese woman, more headaches than joy.
Perhaps I got the grass is greener thinking going on with Mexicans, seems like the men of the culture get treated well by their ladies.
Men of the culture get treated well by their ladies because most of them are arrogant assholes and they beat them into submission. The ones that weren't beat into submission, watched their mothers get beat into submission and decided it was easier to give their man what they want.

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
The allure of Tijuana. and most of Mexico for tourists, is "freedom", as in do crazy shit you would never get away with in the US, or any civilized country. Drive drunk and get caught? Hand a $500 peso bill to the cop and you'll be on your way. Drink on the street? No problem. Drive twice the speed limit? No fucks given.

Other than that, Tijuana is a shithole.

·
You are here
3,535 Posts
Tijuana had a lot to offer about 30 years ago or more. Now it's mostly a pit, with some party spots for spoiled college kids. Ensenada mostly the same. Once you get past those, though, there's a lot of good. Nice beaches, small towns, very nice people, lobster dinners, great fishing spots, nice camping, some good riding roads -- a very relaxing place.

PhilB
Too bad, when I was there it was a really fun place to go for an evening. Seems to come and go, I was told that in the decades prior it was a pit.

Too bad. I love Mexico, its great place especially when you can get away from the border towns. Great people.

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Too bad, when I was there it was a really fun place to go for an evening. Seems to come and go, I was told that in the decades prior it was a pit.

Too bad. I love Mexico, its great place especially when you can get away from the border towns. Great people.
I know lots of Americans come down to Mexico and ride the roads less traveled... I don't, I won't, it's just not safe. Although it is safer for Americans, as you can play the "lost dumb ****** tourist" card, that we locals can't, but that won't always work:

Remains identified as American missing in Mexico - CNN.com

I rather ride the super slab and the more common roads, never ride before dawn or after dusk. In the US the only thing you have to worry about if you ride during the night are freaking deer.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So Susser Tod, what is your opinion about Ciudad Juárez. I went there last year, I really wanted to see the city but just got this feeling about getting mugged. I crossed and only walked around maybe 2-3 miles from the border crossing. Was approached by Taxis to take me to " entertainment". I passed. I did not feel it was as safe as Tijuana, something felt off. I wondered to myself how the hell do I get back home if I get robbed and everything is stolen from me so I took off.

It felt different in TJ, TJ felt like a tourist place. Ciudad Juárez felt real, too real to explore on your own for me so I did not do it.

·
Banned
3,660 Posts
I know lots of Americans come down to Mexico and ride the roads less traveled... I don't, I won't, it's just not safe. Although it is safer for Americans, as you can play the "lost dumb ****** tourist" card, that we locals can't
Yeah my wife's family was robbed at gun point twice, lost their money, a goat (yup, they stole the goat), a combi, and whatever personal belongings they had...twice. Driving from Guadalajara to Ixtapa. Sucks for such a beautiful countryside.

We've been stopped, things riffled through, on several of our trips back but never had any issues...yet

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
So Susser Tod, what is your opinion about Ciudad Juárez. I went there last year, I really wanted to see the city but just got this feeling about getting mugged. I crossed and only walked around maybe 2-3 miles from the border crossing. Was approached by Taxis to take me to " entertainment". I passed. I did not feel it was as safe as Tijuana, something felt off. I wondered to myself how the hell do I get back home if I get robbed and everything is stolen from me so I took off.

It felt different in TJ, TJ felt like a tourist place. Ciudad Juárez felt real, too real to explore on your own for me so I did not do it.
Honestly I don't know Ciudad Juárez, never been to, but that was the first border town that got out of control.

Imho, avoid the border towns. I always follow the GPS straight to the border crossing, if I'm coming into México I gas up on the US side and don't stop for gas near the border. In the bike I usually stop for gas close to Monterrey. When I'm going to the US I gas up when I'm about to leave Monterrey and I get gas once I'm on the US side.

In Mexico it pays off to be street smart, I'm from Mexico City, I can tell when I should make a U turn and find a way around an area. In the border towns my spidey sense gets all messed up, they are chaotic, there is no zoning, it's really hard to tell when you're about to get into a dangerous area, and believe it or not, there are thousands of illegal ailens there (central/south americans on their way to the USA) that wreck havoc. I know there are safe areas, I just don't know how to navigate those towns, so I think if you have to go there, you must go with someone that knows the place very well.

Even when I've been to work in Tijuana I ask the people I'm working with how to get to places, safe areas, what to avoid, etc. Last time, a female coworker, that thought she knew better booked a place that was 2 blocks away from the office we were working at. I listened to the locals, I got a hotel that was 4 blocks away. She ended up in a kiss-no-tell motel, I was in not so pretty looking hotel that had the best freaking burritos I've had in my whole life.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts