Sport Bikes banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
+1 on WOT @ 40MPH in 6th w/ stock gearing probably lugging the engine...dunno, never tried that.

oh rennsport, I suppose dry weights and crank HP figures are worthless as well...afterall, they are "utterly useless in the real world". No they are not just a marketing scheme...lol

No dry weight is not useless, as the weight of fuel, coolant, oil will be close for any given bike. The same goes for HP. The loss to the rear wheel are fairly constant, though you tend to lose more with shaft drive.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i dont disagree with anyone here.
but, what this stat tells me is that when i'm rollin down the highway behind my friend who's on his r1100s and he decides to pass casually by just rolling his right wrist a little, i will have to gear down once or twice to keep pace...

i would then of course have to scream past him at 12k rpm... :)

·
The Flying Finn
2,594 Posts
With 15/48 combo and traffic moving steady @40 mph I could see that.
With stock 16/46 40 mph in 6th gear would lug the engine something awlful.
With stock gearing, you can go down as low as 50 km/h or so (30 mph) and it won't lug at all as long as you very gently roll back on the throttle to accelerate. I got 3.5 L/100 km (67 us MPG) doing that once on the way to the cottage!

·
Registered
1 Posts
2.8 secs!!! damn. oh i forgot to mention. im not gonna attempt a fast take off at all. im just wondering thats all.
In 2008 Yamaha calmed a 0-60 of 2.78 sec and a crank of 124 hp, the dealer showed me the new title indicating the required HP on the first original title. This was only for the newly design 2007 and later engine, before that HP was much lower. The FZ6R looks cool with more body fairing at a much lower price as the FZ6 but less HP, I think they were around 90-100HP.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts