Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like it could be good and very stupid at the same time. Not really sure if I should see it. Nothing really out right now though as far as action.

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
I didn't see it...but the reviewer in the local newspaper here gave it a 9 out of 10. That's the same score that he gave LOTR:ROTK.

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
Alright...just checked.

Roger Ebert only gave the movie 2 stars out of 4. I trust Ebert. He's been pretty spot on with his reviews lately. It's almost like he's not trying to please anyone, and just reviewing movies based on how much fun he has. He didn't have much positive to say about this one.

Regardless, I'll still check it out in the next week or so. I need something to tide me over before "The Village" becomes the best movie of the summer.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just got home from seeing it tonight...didn't really want to...Azimov is more up my husband's alley. I really liked it...action, humor, psycho-freaky realization that this could happen. The special effects are really good! If you like Matrix-like stuff, you'll like this one. Besides, I like that futuristic Audi!

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
Man, I went and saw it tonight.

My paper gave it a 9/10. Ebert gave it ** out of 4.

I gotta say, I agree with my local newspaper reviewer on this one.

I REALLY liked it. It had funny parts, action, drama...the works. One thing I really liked was the lack of a "love" story that went on between the two main human characters. It seems like there's gotta be a LOVE story of some kind in EVERY movie anymore...and the lack of one made this movie all the more enjoyable than it already was.

The robot is really cool...I can't really go into alot of detail about the things I really liked about him without giving away some portions of the movie.

If you like sci-fi at all, go see this one. Will Smith did a pretty good job in it as well. I liked his character, but not as much as Sonny, the robot.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Gimpdiggity said:
One thing I really liked was the lack of a "love" story that went on between the two main human characters. It seems like there's gotta be a LOVE story of some kind in EVERY movie anymore...and the lack of one made this movie all the more enjoyable than it already was.

Exactly! I didn't realize that there WASN'T one until you said so...but you're right. This movie didn't need one and was definitely more enjoyable without it!

Sonny is amazing!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I agree with you guys above 100%. The movie seemed to have the right amount of everything. They could have gone way over the top with special effects but they didn't.

Anyone who likes action with a little humor should check it out.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I loved it. One thing though... 2035??! Aren't we being a liiitle bit optimistic? Anyone catch what bike Will rode around? ("Are you being funny?") :leghump

·
Registered
522 Posts
I'll see it just because of the MV Augusta F4 SPR :D

·
Registered
584 Posts
Fire&Thunder said:
I agree with you guys above 100%. The movie seemed to have the right amount of everything. They could have gone way over the top with special effects but they didn't.

Anyone who likes action with a little humor should check it out.
you know that the movie was 80% computer graphics, right?

I really liked it too. And double the fun after the crappy job done in Spiderman 2, where some of the graphics looked like they were pressing for time and didn't finish them.

I Robot really kicked ass. "Gas is explosive, you know?" :)

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
bluevfr said:
I loved it. One thing though... 2035??! Aren't we being a liiitle bit optimistic? Anyone catch what bike Will rode around? ("Are you being funny?") :leghump

That's the ONLY thing that I was thinking was kinda wrong about it...they should've said like 2065 or something...because some of the stuff seemed WAY more than only 30 years in the future to me...but who knows...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Filip75 said:
you know that the movie was 80% computer graphics, right?

I really liked it too. And double the fun after the crappy job done in Spiderman 2, where some of the graphics looked like they were pressing for time and didn't finish them.

I Robot really kicked ass. "Gas is explosive, you know?" :)

Yes, what I meant about special effects, because it was computer graphics, the robots could have been flying around shooting lasers and moving things with their jedi power... you get the idea.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
I liked this movie a lot. Tons of action and a plot that kept you guessing throughout the entire movie. I'd recommend seeing this movie to anyone.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I thought the movie was quite good also. I liked the story and I didn't see the ending coming with the viki thing.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Just saw it last night, and well, it was pretty good. I thought it was predictable, though. Even then it kept my attention. Wasn't Will Smith's best.

You are right about the love story not being thrown at you. Refreshing.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I have it on DVD. You can see some guy's head when he gets up to get more popcorn.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts