Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When rideing?? main question whould be when you enter a area where your not permitted to have it on you (ie bar and what not...) do you put them in the storage hatch or just not go to them places with your pistols?

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
I carry anywhere, but I am permitted to. Before I became a cop I TRIED NOT to carry places I wasn't suppose to because it just isn't worth going to jail. I recommend if you know your going places the gun can't go, then don't take it, but if you stop someplace you weren't expecting then put it in a backpack or something. That way you don't have to worry about your shirt riding up and exposing it accidently, and if you have a little to much to drink it is harder to get to and do something stupid (not saying YOU would, but some people would)

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kneedragin650s said:
I carry anywhere, but I am permitted to. Before I became a cop I TRIED NOT to carry places I wasn't suppose to because it just isn't worth going to jail. I recommend if you know your going places the gun can't go, then don't take it, but if you stop someplace you weren't expecting then put it in a backpack or something. That way you don't have to worry about your shirt riding up and exposing it accidently, and if you have a little to much to drink it is harder to get to and do something stupid (not saying YOU would, but some people would)

great to have police officer feedback. thanks buddy everyones oppinions are highly appreciated.

·
Registered
28 Posts
th12t33n said:
When rideing?? main question whould be when you enter a area where your not permitted to have it on you (ie bar and what not...) do you put them in the storage hatch or just not go to them places with your pistols?
Since I dont trust carrying in my waistband while riding, I usually carry my pea shooter in a zippered pocket, I know it defeats the purpose since its not easily accessed, but something is better than nothing...as to leaving it in a storage hatch on a bike, not in a million years, bikes too easy to steal not to mention people seeing you put it in there......I'll let you deduct where my concealed pistol goes if I have to go into a place where its not allowed....

·
at the track
3,121 Posts
This topic has caused some "heated" (excuse the pun) discussion in the past.

If I could have a piece, I would carry it on me. I am tired of being a slave to criminals and people always trying to jack your shit.

That and I wouldn't recommend leaving your piece in your trunk, bad idea.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
5niner0 said:
If I could have a piece, I would carry it on me..

Why can't you have one?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Lately I've switched my usual carry piece from my Colt (1911 Commander Length Full Frame) to a S&W .38 snubby in an ankle holster in my boot. Its not the most comfortable rig I've ever had but it beats the alternative. Oh, and generally I try not to go anywhere I'm no allowed to carry. Kinda seems like a free fire zone for criminals to me...then again I'm generally militant and anti-social.

·
Swollen Member
745 Posts
I've got a .32acp Beretta Tomcat pocket auto that rides in my zippered outside jacket pocket. I'm not committed enough to ride with a piece in a belt holster.

Better than nothing.

You'll find a surprising amount of people on here carry. Try a search.

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
Sigh... This thread just won't be the same without license2ill. :rolleyes

I can carry everywhere. I think everyone should be able to.
But if you can't, don't carry where you're not supposed to. Not worth the hassle. I wouldn't recommend leaving a firearm stored in your bike.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
last time this came up.... 65 pages later (politics set aside) we cam to the conclusion that the right ankle would be the safest place, IF YOU MUST for the following reasons:

1 I have known of a cell phone to break one persons hip and anothers ribs in a MC accident, I have never heard of the ankle taking a large blunt force in an accident, but it could happen.
2 still fairly easy to access if you PRACTICE drawing from it, I realize ankle holsters are a faux paux for a primary weapon but while riding I believe it is the best place, to still have it, maintain concealment, protect yourself from accidental liability, and preserve bodily damage.
3 if you crash it stays on your person not in a tank bag or back pack that will get ripped from you and if you are unconcious you are still liable for whoever picks it up.

while we are on the subject I shot my 12 oz .357 with fedral hydrashok yesterday and damn that will kill your hand!!! Im going back to the 38s I think.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I just bought a new CZ 83 this past weekend as a conceal weapon. It's a nice firearm, but I have yet to determine if I'll ever bring it with me while riding. I've bought an inside-the-waistband leather holster for it, but I don't think that'd work well. I'll have to think about this one...

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
I carry when riding and the gear I am wearing that day dictates where and what I carry. Most times I opt for my little .38 back up on an ankle holster or in a jacket pocket. Sometimes may go for a should rig if I am in my loose gear. Like JK said, I wouldn't leave it stored on my bike. Also like JK and kneedragin said, if you know you are going to a place where the gun is questionable probably not a good idea to carry it there. One of the advantages about being a cop is being able to carry anywhere, I clip my badge right where my gun is.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
I kept the Glock either in a tight fitting shoulder holster that fit nicely under my jacket, or in a small velcro holster around the small of my back.

I have found, that if you enter a bar or an establishment that serves liquor, if you ask, they will hold your firearm for you. However, this still may be illegal.

·
Head Rooster
3,438 Posts
I pack my pistol in my tankbag.

·
at the track
3,121 Posts
kneedragin650s said:
Why can't you have one?
Can't keep it where I live, would be too much of a hassle to keep it at my friend's house and go get it every time I need it...

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Damn, I didn't really think about how many people have guns on them when riding. I'm all for it and the thought of having in my truck has crossed my mind, but probably not the bike. Since I'm from white-bred po-dunk Indiana I don't really worry about my endangerment, and when travelling to a place where I felt it was good to have one I probably wouldn't ride the bike (downtown Indy or whatever). Interesting topic... :eatpop

·
Registered
437 Posts
I was just wondering this, I don't own a pistol but would like to (just need money). I wanted to get a CCW permit, mostly for ease of transportation of the thing, and to carry when I feel need. Any way what type places are you talking about not being allowed to carry into.

1 - 20 of 150 Posts