Sport Bikes banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Pre-register sex offender
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone ever built a log cabin?

my friends and i are going to build a small one, like 12x25 out in the woods where we are making a dirtbike track.

ive found a bunch of picture of some nice little ones.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
only one I have built was when I was a little girl and had Lincoln Logs!! :D LOL

·
Take care now ......
1,615 Posts
Only with Lincoln Logs when I was a kid.......... Are you building it on state land or private? Why are you building it? ..........You can by Log Home books at Home Depot and such.

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
If you seriously want to build one, and have it be like an actual log cabin with doors and such, you'll probably end up spending alot of money on it.

Things like that have to be inspected and approved by the state before you can legally use them.

If you want to just throw a bunch of logs up and have something even more primitive than a tent to hang out in, then just start cutting trees down.

·
Light it up! Light it up!
1,459 Posts
i immediately thought of lincoln logs too lol

i'm the master of that shit! i'm sure the concept is the same, except you have to pack it with sod. oh, and maybe use a foundation and pour or build a floor. don't know how you'd do the roof. i think lincoln logs may have been unrealistic in that sense.

·
i ride sideways
1,525 Posts
my licoln log houses sucked. i always tried to make em look like the houses on the box, but they ended up just being a little square box thing. oh with a plastic chimney.

·
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i just want something thats some what nice, but by no meants fancy....

its on private land, and its in bfe, there will be no inspectors... hahah

Attachments

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
wow, those look ULTRA modern!!!

I mean, is that a Ferarri Enzo sitting next to the one in the picture on the left?? I think it is!!!! And you know what that means, that only ballers have log cabins!!!

·
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
a 17 year old built it himself.....

not many have enzos

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
^^^^

That's cool. All by himself?? Those logs up near the top were probably hard to lift up there.

·
Banned
436 Posts
I'm hoping your joking about that car being an enzo.

·
Banned
245 Posts
theres a few this old house episodes where they build a large log barn (house) and a lot of the stuff was done by hand tools. wait, all of it was hand tools.

I would also look into some woodworking forums and they would prob have some good answers to building one.

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
Wolf said:
FL will be recieving their shipment of sarcasm later this week, sorry for the delay.

Bwahahahahah!!!!

+1 to that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts