Sport Bikes banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone.

I just sold my old bike, and should be taking delivery of a newer one in about a week or so...or as soon as the cold lets up.

I had a 1986 Yamaha YX-600 Radian. It was starting to nickel and dime me a bit, so I sold it to a guy that was looking for a first bike to learn on, and picked up a 2002 Kawasaki Ninja EX250. I wanted the 250 for the cost of ownership, the gas mileage, and the general flickability.

I'm really dedicating myself to becoming a better and faster RIDER. I wanted an R6, but I realized that a faster bike wasn't going to make me a better rider. Hopefully this little 250 can help me with that.

With that said, I don't have ANY riding buddies anymore. The couple guys I used to ride with have moved at least 100 miles away...so I'm looking for some people to maybe get together with for some group rides or something.

I'm not new to the area, but I have NO CLUE where there are any good roads to hit.

If you're in the area and have room in your group, post up here (I am on the site several times a day) or send me an e-mail at [email protected]

Later,
Jeff

·
Registered
13 Posts
I go to school down at western, but occasionally make it up to the lansing area to go from some group rides with friends. I'm originally from St. Johns, so I'm up in the area fairly often over the summer. Most the group goes to MSU or LCC, so as soon as final exams are over we start organizing rides. If you're interested in coming out sometime just say the word. The more the merrier. Enjoy the new bike!

·
The Reader
176 Posts
Hey. I just moved in with my buddy over on the west side 496 and Cryts to be a little more specific. We try to get out and ride as much as we can when the weather is nice and work isn't holding us down. I'm from Fowlerville originally so i used to ride the area south of there and howell towards pickney and such. There aren't a whole lot of good roads around here that I know of yet, things are pretty straight and flat. Go north on 127 To Round Lake Road It's like 5-7 miles north of Lansing and then take that East...thats pretty good for 10 miles or so, some big sweeping curves and stuff. But watch the cop I got a ticket on it last year. If you like to just cruz we ride down on MSU campus in the evening and eat down there...there are always women out walking around so thats worth it. When we ride it pretty hit or miss as I said from work and such, but drop me a line with your number or something and next time we head out, or plan something I will give you a call. Oh the names Adam, and my buddy is Jake (inex0rable) on here I think his name is.

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sweet.

I've been hearing that Round Lake Road is the best road in the area. I might have to go and check that out one of these days.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm a senior at state and hit up round like road quite a bit... only decent riding around here, unless you start clipping out south towards jackson... if i bring my bike up here we should head out that way. I've got a 600rr, but becoming a better riding is about realizing your limits and faults, not the bikes...

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'm a bit older and my availability isn't as good, but fill me in if you're heading out ... Lansing isn't that far!!

·
The Reader
176 Posts
GR_Z750s_rider said:
Im in Grand Rapids but to the southeast of Lansing there are some sweet roads in the Hell/Pinckney/Stockbridge area.
Yeah there are some good roads out there....good enough to make it worth a day trip to go out of your way and ride them. Next nice day we get and I will be out there. Oh if your going to plan a day riding and have never ridden on Huron River Drive from the Dexter area to just North of Ann Arbor fit that in. I think there going to make some road improvements since they cut a bunch of trees down along it, but it is the best road for twists and turns you will find in the area.

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sweet guys.

We should try to set up a ride some time as soon as the weather gets un-shit-ified.

Maybe sometime in early May or something.

We could all meet up here in Lansing somewhere (or wherever) and hit those roads over by Jackson. Then if it goes smoothly, we could think about setting up a monthly ride or one every two weeks or something.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Lansing area riders

We have a few riders in the lansing area over at DSB. Check us out if you get a chance.

·
Curve Connaisseur
364 Posts
GR_Z750s_rider said:
Im in Grand Rapids but to the southeast of Lansing there are some sweet roads in the Hell/Pinckney/Stockbridge area.
+1........its like heaven......

·
Registered
222 Posts
im down for a ride...i just went all over michigan today...all over those areas that you guys are talking about...went with a friend on a klr and his dads harley buddies and his dad...kinda weird but cool being with a bunch of different kinds of bikes and age ranges. i had a blast...but yeah lets do it...SOON lol

·
Registered
52 Posts
What up I'm from the Lansing area, Round Lake Rd. isn't too bad, Meridan Rd. has a few curves in it, as does M-36 heading into Mason, also try Dexter Trail. The Lansing area for the most part sucks as far a riding, not a whole lotta curves. You should check out www.DetroitSportBikes.com as a few Lansing area rider are members, and we have our Annual Hooters Ride on May 20th. I am alway's down for a ride as long weather permits and of course not working. Hit me up if ya ever wanna hit the road. [email protected]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts