Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody get stuff off of ebay for their bike? there are chrome rims for gixxers over there for $472. might be for a little more. my question is, have any bought anything over there? any problems? their only up for 5 more days. would like to get em! :)

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
If there's 5 more days on the auction, the price could go up a lot, depending on how many other people might want them. Wait to bid until the last half hour of the auction if you really want them. Sometimes if its a real popular item there will be 15 people all trying to throw in the highest bid at the last second. If theres already a lot of bids on it then don't get your hopes up.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
well in that case, Ebay works fine. Just make sure the seller has a good reputation. Ive never ordered parts for my bike off there, but everything else that i have has come through in good working order. Sometimes it takes a couple weeks to get your stuff though.

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
Hmmm...let's see...stuff I've gotten off of Ebay for my bike.

For my Ducati, nothing yet.

For my Radian, I've got:
The bike itself was bought off of Ebay from a guy in New York
Round headlight to replace the square one.
Headlight brackets
+1 rear sprocket
Bar end mirrors

For my body I've got:
JR Phoenix Jacket
A* SMX Air Carbon Gloves
A* SP3 Gloves
A* Boots, Goretex, not sure the name
JR Velocity Gloves
River Road Leather Jacket
Vega Monterrey Helmet
KBC TK-7 Helmet

I've bought tons of stuff off of Ebay, and only had maybe 1 or 2 problems in the last almost 4 years.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Stuff off eBay

I've bought an entire motorcycle, piece by piece, off eBay. Frame, wheels, engines, electrical, everything. Only been burned once to the tune of $25.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think if you use paypal on ebay your ass is covered in case it's a scam. So I wouldn't worry too much about sending money to a stranger. Although I also believe they only cover you up to about $500. Don't start bidding until a few minutes before the bidding ends. There are too many people that don't have lives that will let you be the high bidder for 4 days and then outbid you with 10 seconds left.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
I've actually had more problems buying stuff off of the SBN classifieds then I have off of Ebay.

·
Registered
519 Posts
ive bought both of my bikes off of ebay and sold one of them and a fiddy there...no probs yet

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
i get alot of bike stuff off ebay check it every day for new stuff and like they said and i have done it wait because i usually bid in the last 3 to 5 sec it helps to have cable conection for doing this

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
^^^

I would suggest buying a couple of rather cheap things first. Just two or three, so that you can have a positive feedback rating before you try for anything over about $50 bucks.

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
Bought my F3 off eBay.

·
Registered
57 Posts
ebay is pimp. Everything is well priced. Try to buy from people who have sold a lot of stuff with positve feedback and the people who have ebay stores. I have never been burned. Ebay is a good place to get new tires for cheap and riding gear for cheap (my last purchases). One thing I would recommend, never buy from overseas. especially from the french :p

·
Super Moderator
4,658 Posts
Bought tons of stuff off Ebay (30 items), ranging in price from $15 to $2k. Never had a problem. Just check feedback.

·
Premium Member
9,239 Posts
Man, all the time. Here's my list for this bike. I got all this stuff off Ebay

ALL my gear,
CF exhaust,
Tank protector,
Grips,
Saddle bags

All was way cheaper than buying off the shelf, and everything was either brand new or very slightly used.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts