Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recall reading someone kept the FAZR6 kit when they installed the two brothers pipes, but I can't find who it was any more. Whoever you are, how did you install it?

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm just thinking about it, I've decided I like the look of the two brothers aluminums the best (no little down-pointing tips, and the logo isn't extremely huge and ugly), and I like that the baffles are easy come easy go.

What I don't like about them, is the FE kit they come with and the crappy turns you have to use with them. I don't like that the FE kit they provide to use with them angles the plate straight down at a 90 degree angle, as opposed to FAZR6's which is on a nice angle.

If I knew I could rig FAZR6's kit with the two brothers, I'd be closer to deciding to blow the money.

Otherwise, I guess I'll have a lightly used FE kit for sale on here perhaps.

·
On The Job
1,739 Posts
I really like the Two Brothers also. I got the Scorpions because they seem to be one of the lower priced exhausts. Although they do seem to have pretty good quality for the price.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Here are some pictures of the exhaust installed using Mike's FE kit. Sorry for the crappy images, taken with my phone camera. All I have left to do is cut off the 2BR section that mounts the license plate too.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What exactly did you bolt the FE bracket onto, I can't quite make it out.

I see what you mean about those extra ears, it doesn't look too thrilling that way. Do you absolutely need to install that 2BR bracket?

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Those are the nicest looking aftermarket exhaust I have seen for the FZ6, 'cept for the darn brackets which I hope can be removed.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think I prefer the Titanium finish ones, over the rest, but Aluminum wins out for price/look combination.

I've never been a fan of carbon fibre look on anything, with all of the cheap imitations everywhere these days on everything and all.

I've been trying to save money, but .. but... ahhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
I'm also sooooo tempted. I gotta keep riding to get my mind off it--
but but but what's the price difference on:

Titanium, Carbon fiber and aluminum? do they come in stainless also?:) and where is the best place to get them?

·
Registered
150 Posts
There is a bar under the exhaust that the stock license plate frame bolts to. You use the same piece. The picture shows a red line roughly where the bar will be. You'll see what I mean when you put the exhaust in.

Attachments

·
Registered
150 Posts
Binary Jay said:
Do you absolutely need to install that 2BR bracket?

Yes you do. The same bracket that holds the license plate frame also holds the two ring harnesses around the exhaust mufflers together. All I have I have to do is cut the bracket in half which will remove the license plate part but keep the other piece. I will try and do that tonight and will take pictures of the pieces.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey Jay i'm looking into buying the two brothers aluminums aswell. Let me know what prices you are comming up with.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Does anyone else think he could maybe use a zip-tie to hold the plastic finisher down between the cans? Jay? Anyone?

·
Registered
150 Posts
I read something about using Zip Ties recently, but can't remember where.?

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I just ordered my Two Brothers M2 VALE Aluminum pipes. Phew... hopefully I'll receive them by this weekend to install.

I paid $586 + shipping on eBay for mine.

I might have to go the route of cutting off the plate portion, because I'm thinking, I wonder if my Canadian plate will even fit on the 2BR kit? I had to get the "b*****" FE kit from FAZR6.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Have you considered getting a Power Commander unit? It made a big difference with throttle response. I think I may have to play with the settings a little because right now at idle the sound from the exhaust is vroom,vroom, vroom, vroom like it's surging a bit rather than a steady vroooooooooooooooooooooooooom.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm going to avoid the power commander for as long as possible. With all of the settings I'm sure I'd just end up making things worse, and I spoke with two brothers and they told me that I should not see a decrease in performance or response using these pipes with the FZ6 with the standard ECU, that over time, the ECU should adjust fine to the new pipes.

I'm not looking for extra performance, I just wanted the style and sound so I think I'll be ok. Hopefully.

·
On The Job
1,739 Posts
Binary Jay said:
I just ordered my Two Brothers M2 VALE Aluminum pipes. Phew... hopefully I'll receive them by this weekend to install.

I paid $586 + shipping on eBay for mine.

I might have to go the route of cutting off the plate portion, because I'm thinking, I wonder if my Canadian plate will even fit on the 2BR kit? I had to get the "b*****" FE kit from FAZR6.
I saw those on ebay. If I hadn't got my Scorpions I would have been all over them.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts