Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
me a "racer",i think not!
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all, i ordered a scorpion carbon fiber exhaust a bit back and they keep saying it should be on its way, i ordered from jazzmotorsports.com.
has any body out there ordered one lately, and what was your stores response for the delay, thank you! :banana

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Why the heck are they so cheap there??

And why is everything but the Titanium ones a LOT more?

And why is shipping calculating out to only $5 to me, even though I live in Canada?

This is all kind of fishy smelling, is this place for real?

·
me a "racer",i think not!
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Binary Jay said:
Why the heck are they so cheap there??

And why is everything but the Titanium ones a LOT more?

And why is shipping calculating out to only $5 to me, even though I live in Canada?

This is all kind of fishy smelling, is this place for real?
hey buddy do not go by that price online, it reads like 270 or something.
i placed an order online paid extra for fast shipping(tot. 295 ish), then got a call saying that they could not sell them that cheap, they had some errors, but they still havent changed it(i dont know why) but he said he would let me go out the door with some carbon fiber ones for something like 460.00 if i remember right, which is still good price. also there is a couple more sites out there with same price, but i cannot remember which ones. i placed orders with them, and both called as well. :banana

·
Registered
777 Posts
I have had the Scorpion Carbon Fiber slip-on exhaust ordered since May 4th!
From PipeCity.com. I talked to Pipecity today AND the Scorpion distributor(UK-email). They both said the container is now in customs and once its cleared it should take apprx. 4-5 days to reach me(Seattle).
But I have heard this before already.
The Scorpion distributor(UK) also said if the US dist. runs out of stock it takes 8-12 weeks to restock the US(which is apperently what happened).
Scorpion got caught out by not having enough pipes available for the increasingly popular FZ6.
I'm still being patient and would like a Scorpion pipe to match my Scorpion helmet(not related co.'s).

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
The price of pipes for FZ6 are still outrageous, combined with all of this waiting and uncertainty does not make for an environment I'm comfortable with purchasing in... If you're all waiting for months to get them, I'll just wait my months for some new products they're bound to be producing somewhere.

·
Registered
777 Posts
The M4(made in Texas) Jay, is supposed to be immediately available for $650(according to Pipecity). The CF Scorpion I'm waiting on is $515(made in UK). So I'm waiting...
The Scorpion also is supposed to be high quality with a lifetime guarantee, except for crashing of course.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
I prefer the Scorpion look over the M4 cans, I don't like the big ugly M4 logo on the sides of them. The scorpion is just the lesser of two evils on that front though.

·
On The Job
1,739 Posts
I bought used Stainless Scorpions on Ebay for $400 a couple of months ago. I heard they are hard to get so I figured screw it. They only have a few hundred miles on them. (Guy who was selling them got t-boned by a car.) No scratches and hardly any discoloration. He had just put them on the bike a couple of months ago. Was a little more than i wanted to pay but I didn't want to wait until the end of the season to get them. Overall I'm happy with the deal. The guy who sold them couldn't believe how much he got for them.

·
On The Job
1,739 Posts
Maxxacceleration said:
Hows thw sound level EJ? Quiet, medium or loud? Throaty? Quality?
I'm curious...
I think its pretty loud but not too loud if thats possible. It's pretty quiet at idle but when you wind it out it sounds damn good. Pretty throaty. It kind of has that gurggle(?) to it as you let off the throttle. The guy I bought it from claims the guys at his dealership said it was one of the better sounding exhausts they had heard. I really like it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts