Sport Bikes banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody know anybody that has the special tools to disassemble a front fork leg off a 04 rc51 to change dust and oil seals.I've tried most all in phone book but completing the seal swap today is possible for $135 - $200.Can anybody help me out.thanks.

·
Registered
224 Posts
ocknoff said:
anybody know anybody that has the special tools to disassemble a front fork leg off a 04 rc51 to change dust and oil seals.I've tried most all in phone book but completing the seal swap today is possible for $135 - $200.Can anybody help me out.thanks.
Why do you need to change the seals so soon? Mine had 15k & a crash before they needed love.

I just took mine off ('01 RC51) & sent them to Dan Kyle. He made sure they weren't bent(from mishap @ Willow) then revalved them for $340 shipped back to LV. He called me when he disassembled them asked what I wanted to do with them & when I wanted to put springs in he told me NOT to -that it would be a waste of money. He is the man very cool to deal with. :cheers Oh and this was while he was busy setting up a stand at the Moto GP event at Laguna.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts