Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
me a "racer",i think not!
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are any of you feeling down, feeling like kicking yourself in the ass, or just plain hate the fact you purhased yamaha's sport/touring naked FZ6? if any of you answered "yes" to any of these Q's. i would like to introduce the PERFECT cure for your sorrows. just follow these simple steps below:
+ ride your fz6 around alittle bit
+ then ride to your local Ducati dealer
+ test drive the Ducati multistrata :pisson
+ get off the duc and ASAP get on your FZ6
+ ride your FZ6
+ try to peel the smile from your face!

point is i test drove one today, and absolutly hated it, made me realize how awesome our bikes really are! FZ6's kick ass!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana

·
jess wanna ryd
315 Posts
:bitchslap dude yer preaching to the choir

ceek

·
Registered
320 Posts
What didn't you like about the Duc? Just curious. I haven't ridden one yet.

Edit: Which one did you ride? The 1000 or the 620?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Same deal with me today, but I swapped with a buddy on a BMW GS1100 or something like that and it rode like sh_t to me. Plus he had to fill-up with gas after 150 miles. I got home with 208 on the odo and still had 1 bar of gas left. He rode mine and said it was smooth. :lol

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
The FZ6 is a very smooth machine. I rode a BMW 1150rt and that thing was no were near as smoth as the FZ plus it shifted like a tractor and felt like it was 3 times the weight.

·
me a "racer",i think not!
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i test drove the 620, it felt like at first i was sitting over the front tire, you sit STRAIGHT up, no room to hug the tank, and front screen is too close, another reason cant lean forward ANY!!, during accel, the gauge cluster shakes like paint mixer, and is too close to just glance down at while hittin the twisties, im young and even my eyes had to focus in on them they were so close, the shifter and rear brake levers, are designed for someone who is leaning over(more of a sports bike style, but no-leaning over on this pile of scrap metal) the only plus i found, was the tranny was not clunky at low speeds like ours are. but on our bikes that is easy to overcome. if we lined our bike up and the duc, our babies would smoke the duc, and redline is at i believe at 11k, at 11k our bikes are screaming for more! oh, and one other nice thing about the duc is the exhaust sound is nice! but those 2 things will never equal the 100's of pro's with our's
just my thoughts! :banana

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
rah7777777 said:
Are any of you feeling down, feeling like kicking yourself in the ass, or just plain hate the fact you purhased yamaha's sport/touring naked FZ6? if any of you answered "yes" to any of these Q's. i would like to introduce the PERFECT cure for your sorrows. just follow these simple steps below:
+ ride your fz6 around alittle bit
+ then ride to your local Ducati dealer
+ test drive the Ducati multistrata :pisson
+ get off the duc and ASAP get on your FZ6
+ ride your FZ6
+ try to peel the smile from your face!

point is i test drove one today, and absolutly hated it, made me realize how awesome our bikes really are! FZ6's kick ass!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana

you test rode the wrong Duc. You should have tried either the ST3 or ST4. I am currently saving some money up for a 1992 Ducati 907 ie as seen here. This was Ducati's first sport tourer:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I took my bike to a big party (+100 riders) last night. I'm the only one of the group with a FZ6, and I got a lot of luv for my bike. Riders brought HDs, vintage standards, Guzzis, Ducs, Beemers, Triumphs, Gustas, YZFs, VStroms, KLRs, etc., etc. It took me an hour and a half to leave because so many people wanted to ask about my bike and compliment me. At least five people told me they were considering getting one. I even got props from a gal on a TOTALLY sweet Aprillia who races ("flogs around the track") on a F4i. She's my hero.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
She might be a little surprised by that, since I'm generally thought to be hetero. :) You can try it if you like, but I have to warn you that her man is about 6' and well over 250lbs.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Oh S**t! :bitchslap Important lesson learned here. When making a comment like that, check the members profile and get a clue. Sorry about that karst. :)

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
No problem. Not like it's an insult, like if you'd called me a stupid n00b whoring for attention at a party.

·
Registered
457 Posts
karst said:
She might be a little surprised by that, since I'm generally thought to be hetero. :)
So, this means we can ask Karst out? mmmm a woman who rides ... :drool

:bitchslap OWWW! I'm just kidding honey ...

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
You guys make me laugh. It's not like I've been hiding it.

Airforce- You'll be happy to know I've been trying hard to recruit other women to the FZ6. A lot of the women riders I know stick with cruisers because of their short inseam, but our bike is not too tall, can easily be lowered a little, and it's not too heavy. Once they ride, they'll be addicted to the umph and agility. If I can recruit any who like to be called 'honey,' I'll send them your way.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Only by my husband. Sorry boys, I appreciate the interest.

·
Registered
457 Posts
karst said:
You guys make me laugh. It's not like I've been hiding it.

Airforce- You'll be happy to know I've been trying hard to recruit other women to the FZ6. A lot of the women riders I know stick with cruisers because of their short inseam, but our bike is not too tall, can easily be lowered a little, and it's not too heavy. Once they ride, they'll be addicted to the umph and agility. If I can recruit any who like to be called 'honey,' I'll send them your way.
Actually the honey and the :bitchslap were a joking reference to my wife looking over my shoulder as I post. Happily married, but since my wife doesn't ride, any hottie on a sportbike is like forbidden fruit -- quite enticing. Hopefully, she'll be willing to ride when the kids are older.

·
Sigh.......
291 Posts
karst said:
I took my bike to a big party (+100 riders) last night. I'm the only one of the group with a FZ6, and I got a lot of luv for my bike. Riders brought HDs, vintage standards, Guzzis, Ducs, Beemers, Triumphs, Gustas, YZFs, VStroms, KLRs, etc., etc. It took me an hour and a half to leave because so many people wanted to ask about my bike and compliment me. At least five people told me they were considering getting one. I even got props from a gal on a TOTALLY sweet Aprillia who races ("flogs around the track") on a F4i. She's my hero.
I know we are getting a little off topic here in this thread, but where was this bike bash anyway?! Seaside?.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts