Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everybody, im new to the forum, just wondering if anybody is interested in nitro r/c vehicles...i had a nitrotc3...till some bitch ran it over with her car!!! and i have a t-maxx that is currently under construction

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
That actually quite popular out here. The park behind my house is always full of people racing them or taking them off road.

I've always wanted to get one but I suspect it would just sit and collect dust :(

·
~ Master Technician ~
2,176 Posts
I like messing around with them but I would rather spend my play on money on the bike and ammo for the guns.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i like to bash around a lot, but im not into dumping a whole buttload of $$ in it, its just fun at the beach and whenever i am bored

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
2001FZ1 said:
I like messing around with them but I would rather spend my play on money on the bike and ammo for the guns.

Same here :cheers
Actually got two of my guns up on the block to go towards another bike :lol

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
291 Posts
I got 5 of them, i got a Nitro Tmaxx a Nitro Rustler a Nitro 1/8th scale buggy and and 2 nitro race cars

·
Registered
100 Posts
I started with an electric traxxas 4tec, moved on to an hpi pro 3, then made the jump to a nitro HPI rs4 type ss

Short story: I got the nitro kit, built it that day. The next morning me and my friend wanted to see how fast it could go. We got into my friend's car and drove with the RC car. Got up to 45 mph before we ran over it. :urowned

But I ordered another one the next day :banana

Anyways, the track I always went to isnt here anymore so I kinda set the hobby aside for a while.

·
Registered
361 Posts
i had three, down to one

I had a buggy, HPI Nitro MT, and a Kyosho Mad Force

The only one I have left is the mad force. It needs a new motor and the front steering needs to be rebuilt, but it was the most fun of the three. 3 spd tranny, wheelies all the time, and decent at jumps. I have a friend that is pretty serious about racing and he has a lightweight Revo and another that used to be big into the hobby with a full ALuminum/TI t-maxx. But to be honest, after watching my buddy spend the equivalant of a motorcycle on that damn t-maxx (motor combo's, and all the different crap he tried, broke, didn't like, upgraded several times) the damn thing justs sits there in pieces, because it never ran right.

·
Banned
1,673 Posts
I used to be into their electric counterparts pretty hardcore. Don't underestimate an electric! They'll eat you easy on the tight course, and quite a few can run faster than 65 mph... Only thing that holds em back is battery duration

·
Resident Freak
1,637 Posts
I have a nitro speedboat that I have trouble maintaining in running condition... I find that if one leans out the mixture significantly more than it should be, the boat will go faster and faster until it is literally skimming the water at about 1.5x its design speed. Problem is, glow plugs burn up really quickly when doing this (duh). It's just not fun at lesser (design) speeds, however, so it sits a lot between trips to the hobby shop for new plugs.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Drifter said:
I have a nitro speedboat that I have trouble maintaining in running condition... I find that if one leans out the mixture significantly more than it should be, the boat will go faster and faster until it is literally skimming the water at about 1.5x its design speed. Problem is, glow plugs burn up really quickly when doing this (duh). It's just not fun at lesser (design) speeds, however, so it sits a lot between trips to the hobby shop for new plugs.
get a b***** motor for it, problem solved

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ershank said:
I used to be into their electric counterparts pretty hardcore. Don't underestimate an electric! They'll eat you easy on the tight course, and quite a few can run faster than 65 mph... Only thing that holds em back is battery duration
i was thinking of getting the e-maxx, b/c i have no working engine anymore. electric is sweet!!!

·
Resident Freak
1,637 Posts
clearwaterms said:
get a b***** motor for it, problem solved
Looked into it. The only other marine motor available is twice the size of the original and costs more than the entire (initial) purchase.

Glow plugs are cheap...

·
Registered
168 Posts
I had an HPI Savage... awesome machine.
Had to sell it a long time ago because I was broke.

But, just the other day my future brother in law brought over an RC10T, and a Traxxas Rustler. He just leaves them here for me to tinker with. I had to fix the Rustler, but they have totally made me realize why I was into RC Cars as a kid.

Its FUN to get out in the street and bang them around and race or whatever. They are faster than I remember!

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Theres a guy in my neighborhood has a RC Truck that has a weedwacker recoil start engine with a expansion chamber on it dam thing has a 4 speed gearbox and sounds just like a small dirtbike! SOB must go 60-70mph easy never seen anything like it. Almost 2 feet long lights up the tires all through 1st and 2nd gear really cool to watch cause the guy cant control it for shit and is always wrecking it :lol

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
I use to be pretty big into RC cars. I still own a 1/10th scaleTeam Losi XXX-NT, an 1/8th scale Ofna Ultra GT LX, and a Clodbuster that is in need of some attention. I've had these rc cars shoved in my closet for the last three years.

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
nitrotc3drifter said:
i like to bash around a lot, but im not into dumping a whole buttload of $$ in it, its just fun at the beach and whenever i am bored
I hope the sand don't wreck havok on your motor. I have both an HPI RS4 & Savage 25 and I have to say that the truck is much more fun. I'm thinking about swaping out my 2.5 motor for the new K6 motor for my savage. :upyours

1 - 20 of 23 Posts