Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
My other ride is your mom
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a pair of Super Duty 2 boots and I'm having a few problems. The first problem is the fact that Icon DOES NOT respond to any type of contact through their website ( www.rideicon.com ). They do not list their phone number on their website either, and when you look it up through they yellow pages, There is no listing for Icon Motosports.

The second problem is the fact that I rode with these boots only 7 times and the right heel is separating in the back. Here's a picture of what I'm talking about.

My second problem is that the rubber is chipping off the top on the left boot.
another pic:

I bought the boots from an online retailer on ebay that goes by the name moto-Parts ( http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=moto-parts&item=7974498786&iid=7974498786&frm=1883&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:SID ) They have not responded to any of my questions either.

Does anybody know how to find a contact number for Icon? This is a warning to anybody considering these boots.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have the white ones and have rode alot in them and havent had any problems. Maybe just a bad pair. Though alittle it of rubber is coming off the top like your but that will happen I suppose after a lot of use. I dont know any contact numbers.

·
Registered
17 Posts
That kind of wear is for the birds! I would suggest finding your local retailer and returning them there. Should have no problem especially if they have any kind of warranty and or good customer service.

·
Registered
753 Posts
boots

I have a pair of the first edition Icon boots and have had no problems (13 months old now). I am guessing you got a bum pair.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
try talking to a local dealer and see if they have a number for you to get into contact w/Icon

·
Registered
40 Posts
As far as I know, Icon is a house brand of Parts Unlimited. They are the biggest distributor of MC parts in the USA. You could definitely get a contact number for them and call 'em and ask if they can give you someone to talk to about a problem with some Icon boots.

Hope it helps

·
Industrial superstar
722 Posts
lol parts unlimited (leMans corporation) is located right here in janesville. Local number is....608-758-1111. My guess is that you got a pair that Icon rejected. the online retailer you bought them from got them as seconds and advertised them as good.

·
My other ride is your mom
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Truthfully, I checked them out when I recieved them, and they were perfect. After 4 rides, I noticed the rubber coming off the top, and after 7 rides, I noticed the heel separating. It not like I did anything abnormal to these boots, I just rode with them.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Mine arn't the same as those, the toe guards on mine are studded, not the bars like on your boots... I crash tested mine and they held-up great, but they might have redesigned the boot for the worse, good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts