Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so me and my friend the other day are out riding, and its gettin to that point where the sun is just going down over the horizon. so, i flip on my brights on my bike. when we get home my friend asks me why i flipped em on. simple i told em, i have an all black bike, all black jacket, and a black helmet, its getting dark out, plus the fact that nobody looks for motorcylists anyway. im trying to be more noticeable, to put it simply.

he says dude u really dont need to ride with ur brights on all the time, people will see you. i just cant agree with him on this point. anyone else drive with thiers on, if not all the time, but some of the time?

p.s. i should clarify i actually ride with mine on even during the day........OCD thing i guess :D

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
All the time, unless a car is coming in the opposite direction at night. Question has been asked before.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I too ride with my bright on ALL THE TIME. Actually now that I think of it I never actually used the switch to change it from high to low I just left it on high since I bought the bike 2 years ago. I dont care what people think... my life is more important then someones else being annoyed. If cagers cant see because I have high beams on then slow the fuck down.

Also another reason I leave my High Beams on is because when I had my other bike the one before this one. People would stop me at parking lots and tell me "Sir I think you have one head light out" I get tired of explaining to everyone that the other bulb on the other side is high beam and the one on the right is low beam. Gets kinda annoying.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Here's a better question:

Of the people who ride with your brights on all the time, do you do so with your car as well?

·
Registered
9,381 Posts
No I don't, however if someone on a bike decides they want to then I will return the favor no matter what I'm in/on...

·
Registered
929 Posts
I use my brights during the day and low beams at night,plus i have some really bright lights with a blue tint very noticeable

·
Banned
19,161 Posts
most of the time, usually if im in heavy traffic i drive with my brights on, If im motoring down the freeway and not alot of traffic i like to keep it on dim and then give it brights if someone is acting strange or I am going to pass.

·
Banned
3,836 Posts
Yes, I ride with high-beams on during the day.

But I honestly don't think it makes a difference. More people pull in-front of me on my CBR with high-beams on then when I'm on my Norton with no headlight on at all.

·
5,455 Posts
i used to when i first started riding on my Ninja 250 which didn't have bright lights even with the high beam on. after i burned through 2 bulbs in less than a year i stopped running the high beam. i have not noticed any difference either

·
Registered
649 Posts
I rock the high-beams during the day but not at night. Its too blinding to oncoming drivers, Do you want to blind them so they can't see you? How about on a narrow country road? that would be dangerous. But Ive heard of alot of people rocking Highbeams all the time. Mostly people who stay within city limits all the time.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
I too ride with my bright on ALL THE TIME. Actually now that I think of it I never actually used the switch to change it from high to low I just left it on high since I bought the bike 2 years ago. I dont care what people think... my life is more important then someones else being annoyed. If cagers cant see because I have high beams on then slow the fuck down.

Also another reason I leave my High Beams on is because when I had my other bike the one before this one. People would stop me at parking lots and tell me "Sir I think you have one head light out" I get tired of explaining to everyone that the other bulb on the other side is high beam and the one on the right is low beam. Gets kinda annoying.
What a dolt.

·
HEHATEME
16,189 Posts
I did all the time on the 250 but on my F4 I don't that much now that I'm not in a high traffic area and don't really see the need.

·
Vroom Vroom?
668 Posts
Depends on the circumstances

All the time at night but if im one a one lane road, I turn them off at that point its more of a risk of other drivers swerving into me because they cant see

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I always leave the brights on day/night unless riding with others in front of me at night....

I live in UT drivers here are the worst.
i dont know man, MI drivers definetly might give them a run for thier money. i almost got hit monday on my way to class, and today just cruisin through town.

·
Lingerie Bandit
5,623 Posts
I ride with the highbeam on 24/7 during the night, my lowbeam is dangerously dim, I'd have to be riding 30mph everywhere to go about riding safely with the lowbeam on.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts