Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dang, I never could have imagined how much fun a little, "kids" bike could be!

We got one of these, supposedly for the kids, a couple months ago:

But, ever since the salesman told me that these things can handle an adult and they're popular as "pit bikes", I've been riding it more than the kids!

I've already got a nice little dirt track in our yard, and trying to plan out now how to better utilize the remainder of our 3 acres so I can at least get it out of second gear.

Unbelievable, good cheap dirty fun! :banana

·
SPODE in training
372 Posts
3 acres - LUCKY! :fiddy

I live in a US Home subdivision but we have a corner lot so when it stops rainin', I'm plannin' to do a couple laps around the backyard and chase after the dogs :lao

Have fun and ride safe - I've been :urowned more than once on our little CRF50 :eek:nfloor

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Haha you lucky girl you !!! I did when I was a kid :D I used the entire neighborhood.... truely was the blacksheep of the entire valley we lived in at the time.... I was a real mad dog back then.... things ain't changed much it seems.... :eek:nfloor A block from my house theres 500+ acres of prime beach front land I can tear up... Directly next to my house is a hole cut in the fence to a 18 hole championship golf course!!! You can be assured I never ventured out onto it a few times..... hehe well maybe more than a few times....

Haha, Ive lived here in this house for going on 30 years... I was one of the first people to move into this neighborhood and back then I could do anything I wanted out here... I mean anything!!!

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
... I was just thinking about it... for some odd reason I have always been known for doing things to extremes...

We were only 15 years old and managed to hack a trail right up the side of this giant mountain where me and my friends lived and made a killer place to ride called Moon Crater ... we would be up there every single day of the week if we wernt out with Dad at the regular track....

Took us 5 months to cuy a 12 mile long trail that got us ontop of the ridge.... working with machetes and sledge hammers to beat the stumps down :eek: we definatly were a bit "off" :eek:nfloor

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
F&D said:
Dang, I never could have imagined how much fun a little, "kids" bike could be! Hell "kids" invented the word "fun" LOL

We got one of these, supposedly for the kids, a couple months ago:

But, ever since the salesman told me that these things can handle an adult and they're popular as "pit bikes", I've been riding it more than the kids!

Unbelievable, good cheap dirty fun!

Dammit Dad Get yer Own!!! You never let me ride it!!! :eek:nfloor

HAHA I was lucky... they didnt make stuff like that when I was a kid... I had to ride a full sized bike! Dad tried to get me off it and found that it was permantly attached to me and was forced to buy himself a bike..... which as soon as I could I'd "procure" it for my own use... hehe when I was 13 I had a fleet of bikes around out house... got up to 27 at onr point!!! All but one ran too!! Most were heaps I dragged home and fixed but 5 of em were brand new ones we used to ride all the time.

The first "real" bike I got was a 72 Yamaha 125MX paid for it with my own money... I had it with Dad and his dam Honda 4 strokes... I wanted something really frikken IRRITATING !!! Belched clouds of NOXIOUS blue smoke (had to run Blendzall the bean oil that smelled like model airplane fuel for that Racy odor.... said that right on the can!!!) had to be good if it was racy!!! and could be heard for many miles around.... :lao the MX series they made back then had open chambers.... no silencers just a stinger on the end of the expansion chamber... to sat they were loud is the understatement of alltime :eek:

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
We have nothing but kids bikes!!! We have the YZ80, TTR125 and a PW80. All of them can kick our butts at any time!!! :) We ride them everywhere too...dirt, mud, asphalt and ICE!!!

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
We've actually got a couple mini-tracks that we ride. These pics are from a couple weeks ago in a field behind a friends house...

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
I'm in the second pic "supervising" while Dave removes some large rocks from the track...

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Very cool; nice looking track! Looks like you guys are having a total blast.

Here's my 10-year-old son riding on ours, just to prove that I do let the kids ride it occaisionally!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts