Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been posted before..

Just curious if anyone has any certain "things" they do for good luck before you go out to ride? I have a thing I do with my 2 y/o daughter and tell her daddy is going on the motorcycle and she will say ok, then we do a high five and then I go out. Pretty silly I know, but does anyone else have anything they do for good luck before a ride?

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Do a quick pre-ride check, fasten helmet, put on gloves. And just as I'm throwing my right leg over, I say a very small, one sentence prayer, mostly for good luck. It doesn't even end in an "Amen". Something like "Keep me safe today" look up and point up to heaven. Pretty much making sure my guardian angel is with me so I don't leave without him.

That or maybe I have a small self-diagnosed case of OCD.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Gear up, let it warm an jet off. So that would be a no.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
Don't believe a whole lot in luck...just try to keep the bars up...

·
Registered
394 Posts
Not necesarily for luck, but I say a quick word to a higher power. I'm not a religious man by any extent but it can't hurt.

Also, if I get on the bike and it just doesn't "feel" right I put her back in the garage and ride another day. Gut feeling... means everything to me.

·
Curve Connaisseur
364 Posts
mikem317 said:
Do a quick pre-ride check, fasten helmet, put on gloves. And just as I'm throwing my right leg over, I say a very small, one sentence prayer, mostly for good luck. It doesn't even end in an "Amen". Something like "Keep me safe today" look up and point up to heaven. Pretty much making sure my guardian angel is with me so I don't leave without him.

That or maybe I have a small self-diagnosed case of OCD.

+1 ..."keep me safe and law far away".....

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
if im going to be hitting up the twisties hard, then i usually pray for the safety of myself and the others in my group.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I always put my left glove on first. Never in the hundreds of rides i've taken have i ever put the right one on first. OCD at it's best...haha

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
I don't do anything before, more like I ride with a blessed St. Christopher pendent, and a bottle of Holy Water in my jacket..:)

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I engage my brain and think about riding a motorcycle defensively.

·
Registered
49 Posts
zx6r said:
I always put my left glove on first. Never in the hundreds of rides i've taken have i ever put the right one on first. OCD at it's best...haha
I'm with you on this, no matter what kind of gloves I put on though, it is always the left first. Motorcycle gloves, batting gloves in baseball, or any other gloves.

·
Registered
214 Posts
zx6r said:
I do the exact same thing. Always works for me. Even in a hurry, if I accidently start to put on the right glove first, I take it off, kinda brush that hand off against my cloths, and then go back to the left first. (I'm wierd!)

·
Registered
647 Posts
Ueafa said:
I do the exact same thing. Always works for me. Even in a hurry, if I accidently start to put on the right glove first, I take it off, kinda brush that hand off against my cloths, and then go back to the left first. (I'm wierd!)
that's me to a t...always put the left glove on first and have taken the right one off if i accidentally put it on first.
oh, and i say a quick prayer every time i get on the bike.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts