Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the deal:
My wife and I used to eat at Chili's pretty regularly. On my last visit I noticed they didn't put a grilled Chili on my Fajitas which I really enjoyed cutting up and eating.
So I ask the server if he could get me a Chili. He states that they do not have any Chili's!!! I'm like HUH??? What do you mean??
He goes on to say that their new policy is to not serve Chili's anymore with the meals. A lot of people throw them away and it's a waste. So I ask him to go in the back and just take one out of the jar and throw it on my plate.He says they no longer keep Chili's in the restaurants. I asked how they got the Chili in the Pico De Gallo and he says they are already chopped up and he can go get me some of that so I can pick out the Chili bits.
he was ready to get the manager but I was tired and hungry and just said F it.
So I happened to go to the Chili's website and found a link for Customer Complaints. I sent the same message I posted here and thought nothing of it.
A few weeks later some guy calls me from their Corporate Office and questions me about my letter. We go back and forth and I tell him the policy is bullshit corporate tweaking of a good product and they will probably lose me as a customer.
I then tell him that their whole company business plan is centered on that stupid dancing, lovable red chili as seen on all the ads, napkins, signage...etc
and they ought to provide Chili's upon request.

His comeback was "They don't serve Apples at Applebees!!!"
So I called him a smartass and he hung up on me.
That was my last visit to Chili's. :twofinger

I just want to see if anyone here that eats there can get a Chili with their meal. Let me know how it goes.

·
I ♥ ♀
2,764 Posts
Should have told him Applebee's blows Chili's away anyway, and that it was now your favorite resturant, then hung up.

Oh yea, they do serve apple pie at least.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I haven't been to Chili's in a long time

·
SBN's Slowest Member
1,312 Posts
they should change their name to NO CHILIE'S.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Billy said:
Chili's has the best ribs of any of those large chains. I heart Chili's.
That's the problem. I love the food but that dude pissed me the F off. If he would have been there in person I would have thrown an Apple at his head.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
We go there every so often. The outback is always crowded plus they don't up till 4pm..WTF.

Never had a problem with the Chili's...have always had good food there

·
Registered
319 Posts
Chili's has some great food, despite being one of those generic chains. With all due respect, that's kinda crazy, going off because you can't get a chili with your meal. You must really love the little fuckers. :)

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bluesnowmonkey said:
Chili's has some great food, despite being one of those generic chains. With all due respect, that's kinda crazy, going off because you can't get a chili with your meal. You must really love the little fuckers. :)

It's really not just the Chili. It's that I got a chili with my fajitas for years and all of a sudden some Corporate bean counter has determined that holding back on the Chili will save 3.2 cents a meal...They know that since their name is Chili's and they have the Chili image everywhere, there may be a chance someone would like to see a Chili in the restaurant.
Restaurants like them are a dime a dozen around here.
Thats the problem with America nowdays, it's not about the quality of the product, it's how cheap they can make it and still keep their customers.

·
Registered
151 Posts
hahaha It's called Chilie's..... but they have none!!?? hahahaha TOO FUNNY! :lol :lol

Sorry, that just keeps playing in my head. I like their Country Fried steak w/Mashed Potates & corn. But other than that, I like Friday's JD Ribs.... is it just me, or do you guys go to specific restaraunts for certain items too?

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
All this because you didn't a get a chilli with your dinner?! because they didn't nor do they serve a little peice of fruit with your dinner, your not going to go back? mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm k.

and sorry to say, but there are millions of ppl out there that could careless that get a chilli on the side of the plate, so I hate to say that you and your wife are only 2 ppl out of a million. Not like your not going back there is going to hurt their business. I guess you might wanna go to Sams Club and get yourself a jar a chillis and take a few the next time you go. Or I guess your shit out of luck..

sorry man...

·
how bout dem deadskins
3,235 Posts
i used to eat there, then they got rid of the country fried catfish & now ill go to our New "HOOTERS" baby fuck chilies

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
JapBike,
It's the principal of the thing. The entire Chili's marketing effort was promoting those chili's. It'd be like if KFC didn't actually serve chicken or if burger king only served salads.
I don' know that I'd create an entire topic on it, but I think it's pretty funny that hey don't even carry their own namesake!

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
japbike said:
All this because you didn't a get a chilli with your dinner?! because they didn't nor do they serve a little peice of fruit with your dinner, your not going to go back? mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm k.

and sorry to say, but there are millions of ppl out there that could careless that get a chilli on the side of the plate, so I hate to say that you and your wife are only 2 ppl out of a million. Not like your not going back there is going to hurt their business. I guess you might wanna go to Sams Club and get yourself a jar a chillis and take a few the next time you go. Or I guess your shit out of luck..

sorry man...

This is my last post on this. I just wanted to find out if it was a regional thing or the whole chain that does not supply Chili's.
And when customers don't return it does affect a Restaurants business. Why do you think 1 out of every 2 restaurants close their doors within the first 3 years.
And I could give a fuck less what other people think. I ain't going back to Chili's. If I do, I'll paint my privates red and plop them on my Fajita...Hey Look A Chili!!!

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Both you and Solly make a point, I just never saw some one get upset that they didnt get a jalepeno with their dinner... I wasnt ripping on you, just kinna found it funny that you are bothered by something as simple as a pepper. I realize that alot of places close their doors, but I doubt Chilli's, a HUGE national chain, will over the loss of 2 customers.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ah hell...one more post...
Ok, say you have been going to your favorite restaurant for years...every time you order your favorite dish it comes to you the same way every time and you love it.
Then one day they bring it with no sauce. You say huh???? You find it odd and they tell you to shut your pie hole and eat what they serve you...so you use the power of the internet cause you're bored as hell at work and you can bother someone across the continent at the press of a button...they call you back at your place of business and wanna shmooze with their corporate mumble jumble...then they insult you...
You are going back to that restaurant to eat?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts