Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I don't sell mine. I'm going to replace both the spark plugs and the air filter. I will also be adjusting the clutch and throttle cables. I'm sure there are things that need to be done as well.

Wish list include:

Woodcraft rearsets
powder coat rear passenger pegs
Puig smoke windscreen
Dynojet

·
Banned
3,836 Posts
Probably going to put some new brake pads on my CBR, maybe put new brake fluid in. I might get an aftermarket silencer for the bike too.

I am going to be restoring my BSA A-10/Triumph with my dad... and cleaning up my Norton to sell it next year.

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably going to put some new brake pads on my CBR, maybe put new brake fluid in. I might get an aftermarket silencer for the bike too.

I am going to be restoring my BSA A-10/Triumph with my dad... and cleaning up my Norton to sell it next year.
Is the A-10 a 650cc motor? Those make great motor's for rat choppers.

·
Silent pipes take lives
12,981 Posts
30,000 km service on the Ducati, then ride it on some days
Keep riding the Warrior

·
Old time rookie
948 Posts
Not much being it is new. I am looking at Frame sliders, a Yoshi exhaust and then a brake in service of some sort.

·
Banned
3,836 Posts
Is the A-10 a 650cc motor? Those make great motor's for rat choppers.
Yes, it's the 650 pre-unit engine. I have seen a few bobbers that I liked made out of A-10's.. although I really hate bobbers/choppers.

But I have decided not to use the A10 engine as I'm building a cafe racer and want a Triumph engine... actually I had already bought all the parts needed to rebuild the A10 engine.. but recently I don't think I want to mess around with the magneto and generator. Plus, in stock form the A10 engine is not as strong as a unit triumph twin.

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, it's the 650 pre-unit engine. I have seen a few bobbers that I liked made out of A-10's.. although I really hate bobbers/choppers.

But I have decided not to use the A10 engine as I'm building a cafe racer and want a Triumph engine... actually I had already bought all the parts needed to rebuild the A10 engine.. but recently I don't think I want to mess around with the magneto and generator.
Sounds like you are going to be having some fun this coming winter.

·
Part 3 begins
3,660 Posts
SS Brakes and Sprocket are ready to be installed on the first snowy day :)

·
You're a Daisy if ya do
8,534 Posts
take it apart, figure out what's bent, fix it, change the oil, brake fluid, put on new tires, new midpipe, and then stare out the window wondering when it's gonna get warm again

·
Just hanging brain.
2,686 Posts
I have to get a new wind screen. This summer I cleaned the bugs off mine with a kitchen sponge (the soft side, NOT the scouring side) but it still swirl-marked the shit out of it. Can't even see through it anymore. :(

·
Registered
354 Posts
With finances being pretty tight, bike expenditures are going to go for a new rear tire. Otherwise just regular maintenance, fiddle with the carbs, flush the brakes... thankfully bikes are mostly easy and inexpensive to maintain.

·
is a loser.
227 Posts
I was planning on new tires, but that will be a bitch finding a smaller front tire that i want.

Chain and sprockets, fix my fan, an oil change towards the beginning of the year once it get's warm, and fix the real noticable damage done to my bike from the previous fuck face who beat the shit out of it.

BTW, could anyone recommend a chain and sprocket for me? I have NO idea what to look for and what is good and what isn't. :(

·
Registered
60 Posts
Both will get gorilla alarms with pagers. One will get new tires and rear integrated brake/turn signal LED. Both will also have all fluids changed, air filters and of course will do chain maintenance. I ride year around though but just wait for the bone cold days and do a little work each time.

·
Registered
498 Posts
definetly changing the oil, new air filter, better tires and new exhaust system(this is all depending on me not still being a poor college student this winter when my job starts)

·
Registered
584 Posts
This week I've bought
Spidi 1 piece suit
Bell Star Helmet
Akropovic Full Exhaust
PC3

On the list
Brakes
Spark Plugs
Tire Warmers
Front Stand
New race boots
Safety Wire

·
Shut the **** up and ride
5,031 Posts
ill be giving it to my mechanic to put in new plugs, K&N air filter, and make sure everythings in top not condition. ill also get new hand grips, seat covers, and maybe a front sprocket.

im hoping to add v-stacks or a PCIII to my order, but thats on my wishlist for now.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Well if I don't spend all my money on video games. I will be getting a new rear suspension and new springs and oil in the forks. Maybe brakes and chain, sprocket too.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts