Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Any Wichitans going to Cassoday Oct. 3rd?

Hey, just got a bike and was wanting to make a Cassoday run before chances to go run out. Anyone going, or want to go, next month?

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I've only seen one other Wichitan on here ... hmm and you might be him :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, that sucks. I see enough guys around, but I don't see many, if any, on any of the sites. I guess I'll go it alone if no one responds and see if I can find some people on the way. :(

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I spent 5 years riding by myself in Wichita cause for the most part the riders there just wanted to sit and look pretty at QTs.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's what I'm finding out. The only ones here only want to be out in the middle of the night so they can be as stupid as possible, as fast as they possibly can. That's really not my style. Don't get me wrong, I like to mess around, but I'd like to find some that'll take some road trips every now and then too. Plus my wife wouldn't be too happy about me running around until the wee hours of the morning either.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I still have a connection.. heh.. a female one.. AHEM of someone down there. About the only reason why I even still relate to that hell hole. Oh yeah.. and my family heh.

Anyway she used to ride with people and I can ask her about people to meet up with. I'm not a big fan of the people that she did choice to ride with but maybe I can get you some hookups.

Also there are few trips that you should try that I enjoyed. I never did Cassody but I will have to break out my map to think of the one that I did really enjoy. I think I recall having to go through Windfield. Meeting up at a coffee shop there.

Also there are a lot of good places to run around over around the Air Base.

Yeah I abusive to Wichita but its only because I have accepted the fact that my hell will be having to move back there at some point I am sure.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Man I'd really appreciate it! I love my bike, but it's already getting boring by myself. I really don't enjoy the fast as you can, in the middle of the night stuff, but some people who like short road trips would be cool. Let me know if you come up with any. Thanks!!
And don't worry about the knocks on Wichita. I've been trying to get outta here for about 5 years now. It's like a black hole! When I do move, I'm hoping to go somewhere that I can ride year around. I envy those who can! :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh, and let me know about that other trip and places you know of to ride around here too.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
No problem I'll take a look at a map tonight when I get home and talk to her tomorrow if I can.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Well the trip that I was talking about was to Dexter with a route through winfield I don't recall exactly what highways to take but I am sure you might be able to run into some people that know about it. If Nichols Honda is still around down near the river (Mclean) I am sure they might be able to point you in the right direction and prob get you set up with a few people.

Running along the river is nice but the roads are crappy. I would really look around the Air Force Base I swear I remember some really good roads out there on far eastern 47th street area. The tunnel road is pretty cool out by Raytheon. (near Grenwich and Kellogg) Just watch that harsh turn after the tunnel and get to know that road well. Alot of squiders have died on that road.

BTW what is the new bike?

I wasn't able to talk to my friend yet. I had the same problem as you did adn I even had it here. Fortunatly I came on this site after being up here for a couple years and I found a great set of people to ride with and really rekindeled my love for riding. So I think you are on the right track maybe there is a more local Wichita riding website somewhere.

Surely a few wichitans will show up here. You aren't the first. Just hope you don't find a squid :p (good luck with that :\) ARG WICHITA!!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I hear ya. Thanks for the info. I know of the spots you are talking about. Nichols and the other shop on West street were under the same ownership. They merged at the West street location and built a new building on the south side of the old shop. The new big building is sales and parts and the old is service. Pretty good sized, but they still don't keep hardly any parts in stock. It's called Mid America Powersports (MAP's). I'm making the run to Cassoday whether I find others or not. Hopefully I'll find some along the way. Thanks again!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Oh, the bikes not exactly new, but new to me. It's a '97 ZX-9R, hence the name B49R (B4 is the manufactor model name for the '97 model). It's got a Yoshi exhaust, K&N filter, street front and rear sprockets, and I installed the DynoJet kit with 180's. It's not as fast as the new ones still, but it's plenty enough for my use. I don't care that it's older. It gets me on the road! It's got 18k miles, and I've done a lot of maintenence already. Major things were shift fork, drum, and 2 gears. Even with all that I've only got $2k into it, so it's a damn good deal. Oh yeah, and no payment!!! :)

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Nice. Don't kill yourself, please.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Usually I post over on Gixxer.com, but ill check over here now and then, yeah its amazing how many bikes you see in Wichita but find none on the net :(

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's what I'm finding out too, and now it's getting cold and miserable. I haven't had mine out now for a week, which is the longest it's sat since I got it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts