Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who on here has done track days and what track(s) have you been on?

I will start out--

2 track days at Jennings in North Florida and will be doing my 3rd come end of July.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
havent been on any yet.. which is annoying, but I've found some sweet places in Tennessee and Alabama... can't wait!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Been on the pahrump track outside of vegas about 5 or 6 times, buttonwillow twice, streets of willow, big track at willow and the classic vegas course a few times.

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
go to the track just about every thursday afteroon (except this week, I have to work) at MAM in Omaha NE, I just got back from doing Barber in Birmingham, and I rode Gateway in St. Louis last year so I think I have something like 12 trackdays or something silly like that. I want to go to Hallett and am supposed to go to Heartland park at some point this year...and back to Barber (god I can't wait for that one)

·
Registered
398 Posts
japbike said:
havent been on any yet.. which is annoying, but I've found some sweet places in Tennessee and Alabama... can't wait!!!

get some free practice at the gap. or 421 - carolina aka playground.

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
most certainly at the gap, didn't you say you wanted to go there anyway japbike? nudge nudge wink wink...

·
Registered
110 Posts
I've been on the track 3 times this year so far.
Have another track day coming up on July 11th.

It's harder to get track time in with our seasons, there's barely any riding season as it is. Also getting time off work to go to the track is another issue.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I did track days for a year, then raced for a year. My husband and I are taking this year off (he's overseas). Of course, I'll be rusty when I get back on the track. VIR in Danville, VA is great, Roebling Road, GA is not bad, but I'd love to do Barber.

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
barber is awesome. i was just there like two weeks ago for a couple of track days...omg it's a great track...if you only get to do one this year, this is the one to go to. i'm already planning my trip in october

·
Motorcycles are sexy!
826 Posts
I've been to Road America twice, and two sessions at Blackhawk Farms twice... first time was intro with NESBA, second time there I crashed in the second session. :a2

I've got a new custom suit, some new mods coming for the bike, and my health insurance began on the 1st... now I'm just waiting for my parts to be on my bike, and the next local track event (end of July).

I hope I'm not too slow after my spectacular crash...

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
silent_R1 said:
barber is awesome. i was just there like two weeks ago for a couple of track days...omg it's a great track...if you only get to do one this year, this is the one to go to. i'm already planning my trip in october

My friends that have gone said the same thing!! I would love to try and go to do this track--their pics just looked awesome!!! :D

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Rsixxy... I have a group of friends that are going to Jennings at the end of August. let me know what your doing then.. I'm gonna go! I'm already setting the time aside. and also, the group of guys I ride with rent out Talladega <~ (sp)(not the NASCAR track) down in Al. We're gonna do that in Oct. I believe. Let me know. It's runs about $100- $150 a peice. it sounds like fun. It'll be just the group of us. So private track day! woohooo! :bananafu:

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
August huh??? hmmmmmmmmmmmm...I will have to see what I can swing!!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Going to do my first trackday hopefully Aug. 1 at Hallet. Been to HPT but didn't get to run the track had to watch while my husband had my bike out there. Oh well now its my turn. woohoo!!!

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
chicw/speed said:
Going to do my first trackday hopefully Aug. 1 at Hallet. Been to HPT but didn't get to run the track had to watch while my husband had my bike out there. Oh well now its my turn. woohoo!!!
Whoooo hooooooo!! You are going to have a blast!! My 1st time I was on a high for a month--that's all I could think about :D Don't forget pics too!! ;)

I love your signature--that cracked me up!! LOL

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
japbike said:
Rsixxy... I have a group of friends that are going to Jennings at the end of August. let me know what your doing then.. I'm gonna go! I'm already setting the time aside. and also, the group of guys I ride with rent out Talladega <~ (sp)(not the NASCAR track) down in Al. We're gonna do that in Oct. I believe. Let me know. It's runs about $100- $150 a peice. it sounds like fun. It'll be just the group of us. So private track day! woohooo! :bananafu:

hey japbike, when in october??? if it is right around the 2nd/3rd of the month (like 4th or something) I would be in for that....I'll have to be back at work on the 7th so i'll need to start back by the 6th but the bf and me would be interested if it is during the week before that. we are doing barber the 2 and 3rd. talladega isn't too far away from there.

·
Registered
100 Posts
what all tracks do we have here in Florida? websites? i always enjoy watching the superbikes on speed, i think it would be awsome to be somewhat close to being able to ride like that.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
JLAUDIO29 said:
what all tracks do we have here in Florida? websites? i always enjoy watching the superbikes on speed, i think it would be awsome to be somewhat close to being able to ride like that.
www.jennings.com

I know there is a track in Homestead and there is Moroso--that's about the only tracks I know in Florida where one can get on and go on them. And of course there is Daytona which you can do amature stuff on especially before Bike Week. Hope that helps ya hun!!

It is awesome to be on one and leaning into those corners---uhhhh---I am so jonesing to get back on. I am having withdrawals!!! :alky That's my drug right there!!!! ;)

·
I'm A Naughty Girl
837 Posts
RSixxy, Did my first track day last month. Had a blast...already draggin my knee! Just felt very relaxed. Looking now for a track bike. I took my Duc up there and was holdin back cause I did'nt want to mess him up! I was running 36-37s. Hoping to have a track bike soon so I can go in Aug. You need to come over one weekend for one of our rides. We are having one one This Sunday 7/11. Come on over!--Jen

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cool Jen glad you had a blast I am going end of July and then trying for end of August to meet some peeps there from out of state.

Ck your PMs regrading this Sunday ;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts