Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here a runner? Post what you did for your workout!

Today I did a .5 mile jog to a running trail, did a 1 mile time trial (ended up at 5:50 for the mile which is kind of slow for me), did a 1 mile jog over to a hill, did 2 sets of 6 hills (probably went up 50m then down 50m), took a rest, did 1000m as fast as I could, took a short rest, jogged back about a mile. All in all is was 4.75 miles and about 35 minutes of actually running. The avg pace was 7:30 miles but the splits were all over the place.

·
Skid Mark
1,294 Posts
well, i did just get done with a "run", but nothing like what you've described. i've had 2 knee surgeries and am probably looking at at least one more. i ran 2.01 miles in 19:53 tonight, which is not my best, but not my worst, either. it's been many moons since my ass has seen a 7 min mile pace.

but, now that you've mentioned it, i should get out to the trails and do some running. i usually just mountain bike them, but the trail closest to me is pretty tame and probably ideal on foot.

keep it up, tho. it's all to easy to sit back on the couch with a beer and "think" about exercising...

s3aturnr

·
Registered
917 Posts
I run regularly, although right now I've stopped because of my right knee bothering me. Doctors don't think it's anything serious, maybe just some runner's knee.

Recently I was doing 3-4 miles regularly (five times a week), but once I go back into my strength routine I'll probably cut it back to one or two.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Run any half marathons, Mango?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Nope :/ I'm used to 5k's. I'm not good at racing either. Best 5k I ever did was a 18:29. My most recent race was a 6k. I don't remember the time but I was very disappointed. I wish I just did it for fun instead of under constant pressure.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I'm training for a marathon on October 20th, and my training schedule is as follows.. Sunday-fundays have been 4,5,6,4,6,8,10,8,12,10,14,14,16,13 miles... I've got 18,12,20,12,24,3,26.2 (race day) left to go, and the other days of the week I sprinkle in 3 days of 4-6 miles each. Cross training (racquetball) 1/2 days a week, resting 1/2 days a week. The 13 miles I did this sunday was surprisingly a piece of cake. :flex:

·
Registered
278 Posts
I'm training for a marathon on October 20th,
that's right about the time of the marine corps marathon ... is that what you are doing by chance?

back on topic.
i got back into running a few months ago. i used to be not "big" into running but i did run a lot. i've run one marathon, two half marathons, army ten miler, and a slew of 10K and 5Ks.

i run with my iphone and have the Nike+ running app and man i love that thing. my friend and i just got into challenging one another and we're finishing up a 50 mile challenge in 30 days ... which will be complete in under 18 days.

i would love to run everyday but i am 222 pounds and all that high impact kills my ankles. i try to run 3 miles every other day and then try to work in a 5 or 6 miler in somewhere in the week.

my pace is 6mph (10 min mile) and i do what i call a maintenance mile on my off days, i've gotten my mile time down to 8:37, definitely not a PR but considering where i let myself get physically, is not too shabby.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Today was an "easy" day. Here's what actually happened: 6.37 miles @ 7:27 pace

Mile 1: 6:55.4 - I started a minute after they left and had to play catch up
Mile 2: 7:40.5
Mile 3: 7:53.8
Mile 4: 7:15.3
Mile 5: 7:41.8
Mile 6: 7:33.4
Last .37: 6:30

I should probably explain I run on a college team. Not a NCAA team, just something I do for fun. My main focus is school. I'm currently in a 6 year pharmacy program.

Also on the run, some random guy yelled at one of our girls for spitting. She spit by a bench while we were getting water. He said Can't you do that in the bushes? people walk there. I said you have shoes on, deal with it. He got mad and said didn't matter shoes or not. Another girl said c'mon like you've never spit. He said I have, but in the bushes. So I said well birds shit on the sidewalk, I don't see you telling them to shit in the bushes. He said excuse me? And I said you heard me. Then we went on our merry way. Is spitting on the ground a big deal to you guys? I usually don't, and if I do I take care to see I don't spit on anyone. But she didn't even spit close to anyone. Someone shed light?

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
I used to run cross country in high school. I used to run 5k races in the 16 to low 17 minute range. Then after high school I ran for fun and fitness and used to do the two-mile run for the army APFT in the low to mid 10s. I've been steadily slowing down over the last ten years. My last APFT run was in about the mid-14s. To be fair though, I put on about 75lbs since high school, so I'm not terribly upset about slowing down.

I broke my leg a few months ago and put on about 10lbs of fat (and lost some muscle, so actual fat gain is probably more like 15lbs). I finally went for my first run over the weekend, and wow did I get really slow! I didn't keep track of distance, so I don't know how fast (slow) I ran, but I'd imagine I was well north of a 10 minute mile pace, and I was smoked! I've gotta get back in shape. I know if I had to run the APFT run today, I wouldn't be in the 14s. I'd be lucky to break 16 minutes.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Today was an "easy" day. Here's what actually happened: 6.37 miles @ 7:27 pace

Mile 1: 6:55.4 - I started a minute after they left and had to play catch up
Mile 2: 7:40.5
Mile 3: 7:53.8
Mile 4: 7:15.3
Mile 5: 7:41.8
Mile 6: 7:33.4
Last .37: 6:30

I should probably explain I run on a college team. Not a NCAA team, just something I do for fun. My main focus is school. I'm currently in a 6 year pharmacy program.

Also on the run, some random guy yelled at one of our girls for spitting. She spit by a bench while we were getting water. He said Can't you do that in the bushes? people walk there. I said you have shoes on, deal with it. He got mad and said didn't matter shoes or not. Another girl said c'mon like you've never spit. He said I have, but in the bushes. So I said well birds shit on the sidewalk, I don't see you telling them to shit in the bushes. He said excuse me? And I said you heard me. Then we went on our merry way. Is spitting on the ground a big deal to you guys? I usually don't, and if I do I take care to see I don't spit on anyone. But she didn't even spit close to anyone. Someone shed light?
It's courteous to spit in the grass or bushes, if you must spit. Stepping in a big gob of mucus is pretty gross..

·
Registered
278 Posts
yelling at someone who is being active at the time for spitting? seriously? there are much more things to be concerned about. that dude was being a douche plain and simple. personally i don't see a big problem with it ... yeah stepping on a big green nasty gob of snot is gross but that's why i always watch where i run and make sure to avoid stepping on it.

you should see what comes out of my holes when i run ... especially when it's cold. now that's gross ...

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah thats what I thought. It's gross, try to avoid it, and if you do step in it, we wear shoes so its not that big of a deal. Oh well. People be dicks. Even if you think its wrong, would you confront someone about it?

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
Yeah thats what I thought. It's gross, try to avoid it, and if you do step in it, we wear shoes so its not that big of a deal. Oh well. People be dicks. Even if you think its wrong, would you confront someone about it?
I probably wouldn't confront someone about it. But, I certainly wouldn't yell at someone who did correct someone. Your friend who spit was in the wrong first. The guy correcting her may have been a dick, but he has a good point.

I'd chalk it up to a lesson learned, and quit spitting where people walk.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah.. It wasn't really what he said, it was the way he said it. He could have been a lot more polite about it instead of borderline hostile about it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts