Sport Bikes banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts
'safety device'? What was he wearing a jock strap?

179 is a fun road - however it's very twisty and a couple of the twisties come up at real bad times. We had a guy go off the road there - no injuries but trashed the bike. It's real easy to hit those corners too fast - I would bet you this guy was riding solo, not a good idea on 179.

yea i was thinking about going out this weeked, its supposed to be 60/70 but i have to work both days :/ gonna be hard to fit in a ride, then its going to get cold again next week

as far as not going often, i habve been so antsy i went out in 29 degrees the other day, and pretty much got out the bike all winter when i could.. im ready for spring so i can just ride~

I got my bike out Sat/Sun - it was nice out. Sunday was hella windy but Saturday was awesome. There were a lot of bikes out as well. I rode out on OO and then on WW out to Fulton and back. It felt like a nice late spring day.

yea same.. got out my bike both dayds before work, did about 300 miles, hit 179 and some other roads around jefferson city, very damn windy, cant wait for this damn cold spell to take a hike~

we should really get together some of the JC/Como guys as i saw 50 sportbikes and 400 cruisers out, and didnt know but one of them~

Put on about 250 miles myself. Sat., took 179 to JC and stopped by Larry's Motorsports, then took the back way through Ashland to Columbia. Managed to get on Y and then J around Guthrie on Sun. Beautiful driving!

we should really get together some of the JC/Como guys as i saw 50 sportbikes and 400 cruisers out, and didnt know but one of them~
Agreed! Should wait till it gets warmer and try to plan something.

Im work at a kawa dealership about 50 miles north of columbia in salisbury. If anyone needs advice let me know. We have a very good reputation and do excellent service.
It would be worth it to bring your bike here. I treat em like my own. Any way, someone plan a ride, time, and place, ill be there. (STATAWATFROMPROCYCLE)

Im going out today (thursday 3/20/08) if anyone wants to ride out of JC pm me, ill chek my pms or this thread before i take off.. around noon hopefully, supposed to be super nice, lets ride

im down in Fulton but ill be living in Columbia this summer. My buddy whos in my fratertinity has a bike and he lives in Mexico but goes to Westminster with me. He and I will be riding all the time in the area especially WW and out around mexico. Ill be picking up a bike here ealry summer so definatly hit us up. Hit us up this summer

Due to complete lack of a real, community based, local forum for central missouri riders, I was compelled to create one, and so I have!

edit: due to SBNs policys i will leave all links in my sig.

Midmoriders.com is a community forum who's mission is to support central Missouri's growing motorcycle community. We are dedicated to bringing together riders of all kinds for meets, events, and community.

MMR is NO LONGER in beta!! We are 100% ready to give mid-mo what it deserves, a fully functional, active motorcycle forum community! In order to achieve this we need YOU to be a founding member!! Please visit us at Midmoriders.com sign up for the forum, start posting, and stay riding!

Why should I register for Midmoriders.com?

-Be part of a family like no other, Motorcyclists!
-Find area rides and riders!
-Promote your events/rides!
-Tips and advice!
-Buy/Sell/Trade locally!
-Get your own free, private, Club Forum!

amazing how active this thread gets when i no longer have a bike to ride.....no one was around when i was actually riding....

oh well....guess you cant win em all

anyone still on here that wants someone to ride with some weekends? i am down to ride whenever i just have to get my bike back from larry's in jeff city(long story) and i should have it by friday
Sure I'm down - by the way there's a group that rides on thursday nights in columbia as well. How long have you been riding?

I live on arctic fox off of smiley. I did have a 07' zx-6r till i ran into a deer on blue ridge, now i am getting a 07' daytona 675. My one roommate had a 06' R6 till he had a run in with a car on blue ridge, now he is getting a 06' gixxer 750. Needless to say we stay off blue ridge now. And finally my other roommate just got a 07's honda shadow.
Damn dude, I live in Blue Ridge. You guys just must have bad luck with my neighborhood. Who else is ready to get to riding this March-ish

And to the OP, I'm a Columbia Rider with a 04' Daytona 600

21 - 40 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.