Sport Bikes banner

Any riders in Columbia or Jeff City?

9K views 41 replies 21 participants last post by  Tankthompson2011 
#1 ·
Just wondering if we had any members from my area.

#9 ·
tried to join up with the riders that go out on Thursdays and it just wouldnt work out for me.....I live in Mexico now but even by the time I get out of work I don't have enough time to get up there to meet up with them.

If anyone wants to do some weekend riding when it gets warm out again I'm down....just need to know ahead of time and figure out where we can meet up.....theres a few decent twisty roads around my area

#13 ·
It would take you an hour just to ride to Jeff City.

Columbia is much better. There's that large group that meets on the corner of Broadway and N. Stadium, on Thursday at around 6:00 pm, outside that Chinese restaurant.

Why not go there then ask if anyone rides Saturday or Sunday?

#17 ·
I live on arctic fox off of smiley. I did have a 07' zx-6r till i ran into a deer on blue ridge, now i am getting a 07' daytona 675. My one roommate had a 06' R6 till he had a run in with a car on blue ridge, now he is getting a 06' gixxer 750. Needless to say we stay off blue ridge now. And finally my other roommate just got a 07's honda shadow.

#20 ·
From newstribune.com

A Jefferson City man was injured in a one-vehicle accident at 4 p.m. Sunday on Missouri 179 at Splash Creek Road, in Moniteau County.

The patrol reported a 2007 Honda motorcycle, driven northbound by Steven D. Cook, 45, Jefferson City, went off the right side of the road and struck a ditch.

He was taken to St. Mary's Health Center. No condition report was available.

Cook was wearing a safety device, the patrol said.

#21 ·
'safety device'? What was he wearing a jock strap?

179 is a fun road - however it's very twisty and a couple of the twisties come up at real bad times. We had a guy go off the road there - no injuries but trashed the bike. It's real easy to hit those corners too fast - I would bet you this guy was riding solo, not a good idea on 179.

#25 ·
yea i was thinking about going out this weeked, its supposed to be 60/70 but i have to work both days :/ gonna be hard to fit in a ride, then its going to get cold again next week

as far as not going often, i habve been so antsy i went out in 29 degrees the other day, and pretty much got out the bike all winter when i could.. im ready for spring so i can just ride~

#26 ·
I got my bike out Sat/Sun - it was nice out. Sunday was hella windy but Saturday was awesome. There were a lot of bikes out as well. I rode out on OO and then on WW out to Fulton and back. It felt like a nice late spring day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.