Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or wannabe's like me ! Since I dont have true HI FI stuff yet.
My current set up..
Harman Kardon AVR 30 reciver/amp
Harman Kardon 5 CD Changer
Wharfedale MFM-3 Floorstanders.
Audioquest Type 3 cables
Thats about all for now.

Someday when Im not a broke ass bum some Martin Logans :)
Laters

·
Registered
119 Posts
Nice set-up!

I'm just starting to get a system together for a future home theater project. So far, I'm running an Anthem AVM20 through an Anthem MCA 50 Amp to Acoustic Research speakers. I have a Phillips DVD player and a standard Panasonic VCR (just wanted something cheap there). It sounds great as it is, but I can only imagine how it will sound once I have a full room dedicated to it and I have earned my PhD in Anthem programming! (trust me, this thing has an owner's BOOK, not manual!)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Here's mine :
Quad 44 pre-amp
Anthem AMP 1 power amp
Quad 66 CD player
Mirage bi-polar speakers
Mirage sub-woofer
All the expensive wires & thingies ...

I'm glad I discovered sportbikes to make me stop pouring money on my stereo haha.

·
Registered
139 Posts
My stuff:
For Audio
Pioneer Elite 49TX
Panasonic RP-91 DVD-V/DVD-Audio
B&W Speakers
Velodyne subwoofer
Kimber Kable wires
For Movies
Front projector system
HD DirecTv

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mine:
Harmon Kardon AVR 20II
Harmon Kardon 5 disc cd changer
Sony ES cd changer
Sony dvd sacd player
32" JVC tv (nonflat screen it sucks)

Used to have
Sony ES 7Series reciver (2nd from best)
Energy c-3 fronts
c-1 rears
c-c (centerchannel)
and a Klipsch 12" Reference supwoofer.

Here's the story
I purchased all these things from GoodGuys in Sacramento on Arden Way for any locals, the salesmen was great and gave me really good prices as I was buying floor models and they had the next year models in back and needed the space. So i make the purchase complete with top $ cables to get the most out of my new gear and go home a happy camper. I get home and proceed to set up my system i love it it sounds great! then silence!!?? The sony reciever is giving an error message (too hot powering off) or somethingto that affect. Not concerned I packed up that piece and proceeded back to Good Guys. I find the salesmen who apologizes and says (yeah sometimes floor models take a beating, thats why we sell them with full warranties) no problem right! Wrong he takes me to the sales/store manager who is supposed to get me set up with a new unit. Turns out I should have just mailed it in. This guy was an asshole, right off the bat he is pissed at me because he looks at my reciept and proclaims that "there is no way in hell I should have been sold that unit for that price"$1500 MSRP I paid $500 floormodel, no remote no manual I thought this was a fair deal as I could get a remote and manual through Sony. I bring this to his attention and also explain that I bought alot of other stuff at full retail so he is more than covered. He explains to me that he does not care what else I bought and that he was suimply going to refund the $500 back to my card as thay did not have any other units to exchange so I said letas just send it to Sony and let them fix it, he says no I said (sighting there own policy at the time)tat if something breaks and it is an old model you get the new model that replaced it. That just pissed him off more and he told me that the unit was being sent to Sony to be fixed and it was going back on the shelf to be sold for the proper price. At this point I new there would be no resolution so i said
"are you sure thats what you want to do" he said "thats what I said isn't it" so i went home and boxed up my new system tat I waited so many years to by and took it back. The look on the guys face was priceless when I wheeled in all that stuff on a dolly and told him since you want the reciever so bad you can have the rest of it too. Although I did get stuck with the cables another $500, they would not return them because they were custom cut to my measurements so I am still paying that off. Oh yeah, they lost out again because my purchase was on the Good Guys credit card. Bottom line I miss my wonderful speakers and i will be listening to my cerwin vegas for a few more years and I will nver do business with The Good Guys again. I tried to contact their corperate office to no avail (sp)

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Not yet...as soon as I get some extra cash and a house i plan on having a nice set up. Been doing alot of research lately on all the different componets and set up

·
Registered
119 Posts
allhonda said:
Mine:
Harmon Kardon AVR 20II
Harmon Kardon 5 disc cd changer
Sony ES cd changer
Sony dvd sacd player
32" JVC tv (nonflat screen it sucks)

Used to have
Sony ES 7Series reciver (2nd from best)
Energy c-3 fronts
c-1 rears
c-c (centerchannel)
and a Klipsch 12" Reference supwoofer.

Here's the story
I purchased all these things from GoodGuys in Sacramento on Arden Way for any locals, the salesmen was great and gave me really good prices as I was buying floor models and they had the next year models in back and needed the space. So i make the purchase complete with top $ cables to get the most out of my new gear and go home a happy camper. I get home and proceed to set up my system i love it it sounds great! then silence!!?? The sony reciever is giving an error message (too hot powering off) or somethingto that affect. Not concerned I packed up that piece and proceeded back to Good Guys. I find the salesmen who apologizes and says (yeah sometimes floor models take a beating, thats why we sell them with full warranties) no problem right! Wrong he takes me to the sales/store manager who is supposed to get me set up with a new unit. Turns out I should have just mailed it in. This guy was an asshole, right off the bat he is pissed at me because he looks at my reciept and proclaims that "there is no way in hell I should have been sold that unit for that price"$1500 MSRP I paid $500 floormodel, no remote no manual I thought this was a fair deal as I could get a remote and manual through Sony. I bring this to his attention and also explain that I bought alot of other stuff at full retail so he is more than covered. He explains to me that he does not care what else I bought and that he was suimply going to refund the $500 back to my card as thay did not have any other units to exchange so I said letas just send it to Sony and let them fix it, he says no I said (sighting there own policy at the time)tat if something breaks and it is an old model you get the new model that replaced it. That just pissed him off more and he told me that the unit was being sent to Sony to be fixed and it was going back on the shelf to be sold for the proper price. At this point I new there would be no resolution so i said
"are you sure thats what you want to do" he said "thats what I said isn't it" so i went home and boxed up my new system tat I waited so many years to by and took it back. The look on the guys face was priceless when I wheeled in all that stuff on a dolly and told him since you want the reciever so bad you can have the rest of it too. Although I did get stuck with the cables another $500, they would not return them because they were custom cut to my measurements so I am still paying that off. Oh yeah, they lost out again because my purchase was on the Good Guys credit card. Bottom line I miss my wonderful speakers and i will be listening to my cerwin vegas for a few more years and I will nver do business with The Good Guys again. I tried to contact their corperate office to no avail (sp)
Man that sux. Sorry you got stuck with the wires tho. When I got my AVM20, it was dead out of the box. I had bought it about 2 months prior to pulling it out of the box because I was rearranging and setting up the room. Well I brought it back to the store and because they were right in the middle of inventory and there was the 4th of July holiday in there, it would be about 2 weeks for repair. No big deal, I hadn't heard it yet, so I didn't miss it and still had a back-up system to use.

When I called to check on it after 2 weeks, they said they couldn't figure out what the problem was in any way, shape or form and that it would have to go back to the factory. But because that would take a month or more, they told me to just come in and they would give me a brand new one. They bent over backwards for me and were as apologetic as they could be. Granted, they should be that way after I spent $3300 on that receiver! As far as your situation, advertise it on ripoffreport.com. That gets a LOT of hits and companies fear them a lot more than the better business bureau (the BBB has thier own problems as you'll see).

·
Registered
531 Posts
Sony ES ta-E9000 Preamp
Sony ES ta-N9000 5 channel amp
^---was Sonys Flagship Preamp amp (currently 5.1 but having sony Update it with new software to 6.1)

Sony ES 5- disc changer
Daewoe DVD
Audio Soruce Home Theater EQ ( F'ing expensive little peice)
JVC HI-Fi VCR
RCA 46" TV
Infinity SM125
Mirage Center
Mirage Surrounds
Valendyne 1012 Sub

1 - 8 of 8 Posts