Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Supmo
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This seems to be a pretty dead forum but I was just wondering if any of you in the valley go on the occassional, or even regular group ride? I'm new to the sportbike scene (had my new baby for 2 months) and would love to do some riding with someone other that myself....I'm down for whatever, cruise around locally or go up north, don't matter to me, I just wanna ride....

I'm off ever Sunday and pretty much every evening(times vary,odd work hours), if anyone would like to go for a ride or let me tag along that'd be great. Keep in mind I'm not that skilled, I'm not a bad rider but I've not hit the twisties and gotten very comfortable laying the bike over very far......but I feel riding with some experienced people will help me push myself to know my and my machines limits.....

Later,
Kevin

·
Registered
29 Posts
Kevin, Just got new 06 R1 need a buddy for the same reason give me a call 602-758-5805. Jim

·
Registered
29 Posts
623 area code I live at 43rd ave and Unionhills give me a call. 602-758-5805.
Jim

·
Registered
231 Posts
I am always down for group rides. :bananafu:

O wait you ment on the bikes. I will have my bike here at the end of May. :)

·
Supmo
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When you get your bike here shoot me a PM! You're more than welcome to join us on one of our Sunday rides....

-Kevin

·
Supmo
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Canyon Lake is cool.....This Sunday we are planning to go out to Salt River Canyon though.....interested? Our rides usually start early and consume a better part of the day....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks for the invite.
Salt River Canyon sounds llike a good run.
Can't make an all day ride this weekend.

Sunday mornings starts are great.
Maybe next weekend?
Let me know.

·
Supmo
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll send you a PM sometime before next Sunday with detail on that ride.....because I'm sure we'll be at it again next Sunday.

·
Registered
30 Posts
KevinCBR1k said:
I'll send you a PM sometime before next Sunday with detail on that ride.....because I'm sure we'll be at it again next Sunday.
Going out to Canyon Lake early Sunday about 7:30 a.m.
Are you hitting Salt River Canyon again?

·
Supmo
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
cbr 600rr az said:
Going out to Canyon Lake early Sunday about 7:30 a.m.
Are you hitting Salt River Canyon again?

I have no plans for this Sunday since my riding buddies are both bailin' out due to it being Easter.... I'm down to hit up Canyon Lake for sure! Just don't expect me to keep up with you on those tight turns!

I notice you have your private messages turned off.....send me an email with when and where you plan to meet up, since that's the best way to get in touch with me besides PMs. My email is [email protected]

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sounds good. A buddy of mine is on-board.
Can you be at Val Vista & Baseline about 7:30 a.m.?
There is a gas station on the northeast corner.
I propose we take the long route through north Mesa, Power Rd to the Salt River/Usery Pass back to Northeast A.J. and then to Canyon Lake. It adds the miles but the Salt River towrds Saguaro Lake is a good run, has less traffic and we don't have to hassle with the Superstition Freeway Construction.
let me know.
Brad

·
Supmo
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Val Vista and Baseline is a bit vague.....but I can be there.......any chance of a more specific meeting spot? :twofinger

I'm down to ride where ever.....you guys just might have to wait up a bit for me on the straights after you tear me a new one thru the corners (I'm fightin' with a 600lbs beast afterall)....

·
vvv HOTDOG NECK vvv
5,293 Posts
KevinCBR1k said:
Val Vista and Baseline is a bit vague.....but I can be there.......any chance of a more specific meeting spot?
It's a Mobil gas station. How about the candy aisle? Is that specific enough? Damn kids. :beer

·
Supmo
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Philbie said:
It's a Mobil gas station. How about the candy aisle? Is that specific enough? Damn kids. :beer
:twofinger

If I wasn't drunk I'd have a great smartass reply for you.....but if attemped now it wouldn't work out..... so just :pisson off. :cheers

·
Registered
30 Posts
Philbie said:
Wow! that was hostile. Easy there Gilbert Homeboy. LOL. Candy aisle will not work, it is a war Zone.

Kevin:
I think if you see a gas station on the Northeast corner of VV & Baseline with 2 guys on motorcycles that would be the one. Its less than 1/2 mile south of the US 60.

·
Supmo
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'll see ya there! Let me know if your plans change...so I'm not waiting around at some gas station like a jackass.... ;)

-Kevin

·
Registered
30 Posts
KevinCBR1k said:
I'll see ya there! Let me know if your plans change...so I'm not waiting around at some gas station like a jackass.... ;)

-Kevin
It is all good. Got clearance from the boss...

·
Supmo
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
See ya tomorrow bright and early......should have two FZ6's in tow to bring our group up to 5 riders.....if we run a little late and you feel like taking off before we get there, go ahead and give me a call @ 602-214-0950 and I'll confirm our proximity to you. See ya.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts