Sport Bikes banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Full story in link...

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/03/19/missing.scout/index.html

McGRADY, North Carolina (CNN) -- A missing-person alert has been issued for a 12-year-old Boy Scout missing two days. A spokeswoman for the National Park Service said the alert was issued as a precaution "in case he is no longer in the area."

The spokeswoman said she had misspoken when she earlier reported that an Amber Alert had been issued.

Michael Auberry went missing Saturday afternoon during a camping trip with his Boy Scout troop at Doughton Park, along the Blue Ridge Parkway near the Virginia state line. The nearest town is Laurel Springs, about 3 miles southwest of the park. (Map)

National Park Service Ranger Tina White told reporters that federal investigators are coming in and state and county sheriff's departments are keeping watch for Michael in the event that the boy came across a road and was picked up.

·
Registered
784 Posts
heard about this last night. Wilkes county is pretty far out...and nothing but trees. Sucks. poor kid I know if got to 25 or so last night. this is why when I was a boy scout that young, we had to be watched constantly.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I hadn't heard about that. I hope he is found ASAP. He must be scared. Hopefully it wasn't a kidnapping or anything.

·
All red all the time...
3,489 Posts
Have you read the outcome?

http://www.newsobserver.com/102/story/555854.html
Scout was trying to hitchhike home
The 12-year-old was found near where he disappeared from his troop Saturday while on a camping trip.

McGRADY - Michael Auberry just wanted to see his family and friends Saturday afternoon when he wandered from his Boy Scout troop's campsite in Western North Carolina's rugged mountains.

"He was homesick," said Kent Auberry, Michael's father. "He started walking and thought he'd hitchhike home."

Michael, a 12-year-old from Greensboro, spent three nights lost in the rocky and steep mountains in Doughton Park before being found Tuesday morning. Rescuers, including a search dog named Gandalf, found Michael shortly before 11 a.m. walking along a creek in the state park about a half-mile from where he disappeared.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.