Sport Bikes banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Another one of GOD's Gifted racer's, Well i would say your attitude shows why you do not race more often due to not having enough sponsorship, When i raced District 17 i was pleasant to all people, racers, promoters, COMPANY OWNERS and of course the motorcycle community, the earlier you wake up, the Faster you'll get to where you want to go, not racing because your out of money or just low on money is a fine example of not selling yourself, and you'll always get more bees with honey. Sponsorship has many disguises!
:eek:nfloor

Thanks for pointing me straight and knowing all:bowdown, once again making assumption on someone you know NOTHING about. Thanks for adding your wisdom to this thread.

Stamford - Yeah man I'm down, may be able to pull something off this weekend. You free?

How was the Gap?

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
:eek:nfloor

Thanks for pointing me straight and knowing all:bowdown, once again making assumption on someone you know NOTHING about. Thanks for adding your wisdom to this thread.

Stamford - Yeah man I'm down, may be able to pull something off this weekend. You free?

How was the Gap?
Great. It got me really motivated to do my first track day (I think I may go to NJMP the 15th with a friend who does track days).

While the road was amazing I really couldn't push it due to not knowing the road, risk of getting a ticket and the endless things that can cause an accident on a public road.

I posted a video and series of pictures here. http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/general-sportbikes/419380-deals-gap-any-thing-first-time-visior-should-know.html

EDIT: oh and I think im free sunday. Saturday the tentative plan is to trailer up with my dad and head out 2-3 hours and do a 250 mile loop and then trailer home. Im still looking for good routes to do that I can trailer too that are within 3 hours of Glen Rock, PA

I'll pm ya later in the week to fill ya in on whats up.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Great. It got me really motivated to do my first track day (I think I may go to NJMP the 15th with a friend who does track days).

While the road was amazing I really couldn't push it due to not knowing the road, risk of getting a ticket and the endless things that can cause an accident on a public road.

I posted a video and series of pictures here. http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/general-sportbikes/419380-deals-gap-any-thing-first-time-visior-should-know.html

EDIT: oh and I think im free sunday. Saturday the tentative plan is to trailer up with my dad and head out 2-3 hours and do a 250 mile loop and then trailer home. Im still looking for good routes to do that I can trailer too that are within 3 hours of Glen Rock, PA

I'll pm ya later in the week to fill ya in on whats up.
I know its late notice but we are doing a day at Summit with TPM the 27th (July). I know spots are still open if there is any chance you can swing it.

Did a 640 mile last weekend in WV,VA ... found some great roads! I'll map them out and get the route to you. We did it in two days with a night in Harrisonburg VA.

Sunday is good for me also, hit me with a PM later this week

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
I'll definitely look into it. I need to figure out transportation and what is required for bike prep. It will only cost me like 180 at NJMP the 15th through "absolute" and the only thing I need to do for intermediate class is tape up lights.

It may be best to hook up with ya another time for a track day but I'll let ya know.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Oh yeah im game. Got any routes? If not I could take ya on a good ride around frederick. Model you havnt been on this one either. Its a nice ride aside from the boring route down south.

GroupRider
whoa, I live on that route, midway between Thurmont and Smithsburg, about a mile off of 77
You can extend it a little, and take 491 from Smithsburg up to Highfield and then 550 back to Thurmont, verrry nice road in my opinion.

And there is a killer place to stop for ice cream in Smithsburg too.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts