Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taking a break from racing for financial reason this year so I'm getting back into a little street riding.

Anyone around Westminster, Frederick looking to go on some decent rides?

Looking for people that want to ride not stunt, look good, and annoy the piss out of every driver on the road.

:eatpop

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh yeah I got some good routes!!

You guys down for day long rides? Like 10 hours 300-400 miles to some VA, WV roads?
My racing buddies all came from RC51's and we would pull 400 mile days on them.
Leave at 7am from Westminster, MD and get home at 7pm.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just clicked that route you posted.... been on allot of those roads and would be down for that.

Perfer smaller groups... up to 5 or so, anymore over that and it turns into a cluster f**k

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
^^ i completely agree, smaller groups are best.

About ride length Unfortunately this year I haven't done any thing over 250 so I'll probably get pretty uncomfortable on my daytona once we hit the 300 mark. I used to hit 350 on it so I don't see why we couldn't do a 300 starters as long as we take a few proper breaks.
I got your pm. Once i check out where 33 is I'll pm ya back. I got a few questions.

·
Registered
40 Posts
hey whens the next time your gonna do a track day? Im trying to find someone to go with me to give me some pointers. Iv never been to a sport bike track... I cant count how many drag strips iv been too...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I do very few track days anymore .... mostly just racing (not much this year:mad:) but there is a slight possibility I may be doing a Rodger Lyle day in the beginning of August at Summit point.

When do you plan on signing up?

Hit me up with a PM if you want.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Oh yeah im game. Got any routes? If not I could take ya on a good ride around frederick. Model you havnt been on this one either. Its a nice ride aside from the boring route down south.

GroupRider

Glad to see you still like that route through Frederick. I'll hopefully be back in the game next year...

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am near Baltimore,
Virginia/ West Virginia i have a great trip planned, it is about 500 miles or so, i did the trip with a small sportbike group and amazed each and every one of them on the Couch on wheels as i would you boys, trust me i would not be the slow one in the group uless you were all "B" class or better racers.
It may take me a few to find it, but it was an awsome trip, i do need new rubber on the beast, with 15k on the last tire, it is time.
besides everytime i got to teach class i need good rubber!:bitchslap

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am looking for a group of expierenced and mature riders to ride with. I am new to street riding with 2,500 miles on my daytona and I feel like I am ready to start riding with other people.

Mabye I can go for a one on one ride with one of the more experienced riders and let him evaluate my riding before I go on any "group" rides. I am very open minded and willing to learn from people that know what they are doin :cool:

·
Registered
25 Posts
if you want, we can go for a spin, if you want to follow my lines and take it easy and or whatever, then kick it up if you so desire, i am getting new rubber this week, and dont let the bike fool ya, i would probably school alot of the guys here on the COUCH!
I also have a sportbike at my leisure, but the couch is much faster thru the corners.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dude we get it your COUCH kicks ass.

This was really the complete opposite of why I posted this thread..... sounds like your more concerned with showing off than riding.

Take it to the damn track and find out how slow you really are.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Dude we get it your COUCH kicks ass.

This was really the complete opposite of why I posted this thread..... sounds like your more concerned with showing off than riding.

Take it to the damn track and find out how slow you really are.
Mature NO, track riding, unfortunately they will not let me with all the hard luggage, and to even consider taking all the tupperware off to remove the antifreeze, i think not, and you would smoke me on ANY straightaway, but a inexperienced rider such as yourself would know that already- any dude on a sportbike can go fast straight-DUUHH!:bitchslap But you did say you wanted mature riders as i am, i did state and i QUOTE"if you want, we can go for a spin, if you want to follow my lines and take it easy and or whatever, then kick it up if you so desire What was wrong with that, and what did you read that was immature about that, dude go take some Prozac and chill!:eek:nfloor

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mature NO, track riding, unfortunately they will not let me with all the hard luggage, and to even consider taking all the tupperware off to remove the antifreeze, i think not, and you would smoke me on ANY straightaway, but a inexperienced rider such as yourself would know that already- any dude on a sportbike can go fast straight-DUUHH!:bitchslap But you did say you wanted mature riders as i am, i did state and i QUOTE"if you want, we can go for a spin, if you want to follow my lines and take it easy and or whatever, then kick it up if you so desire What was wrong with that, and what did you read that was immature about that, dude go take some Prozac and chill!:eek:nfloor

:popcorn

Dude you need to lay of the caffeine.

Feel free to click any of my sponsors in my sig and goggle CCS racing. If you happen to ride your COUCH to Summit point to watch the races make sure you stop by the Tough Crowd Racing tent and say hi.

You have no clue.

·
Registered
839 Posts
okay - I'm game. I wanna learn some of these routes and maybe some technique along the way. I volunteer!!! I just kinda need to get my bike fixed first (gotta put on a new gear shifter - the other is kinda, well, bent.) But never-the-less I would be honored to ride with ya'll. So what is it? In? Out? Never-mind? Let me know.

·
Registered
25 Posts
:popcorn

Dude you need to lay of the caffeine.

Feel free to click any of my sponsors in my sig and goggle CCS racing. If you happen to ride your COUCH to Summit point to watch the races make sure you stop by the Tough Crowd Racing tent and say hi.

You have no clue.
Another one of GOD's Gifted racer's, Well i would say your attitude shows why you do not race more often due to not having enough sponsorship, When i raced District 17 i was pleasant to all people, racers, promoters, COMPANY OWNERS and of course the motorcycle community, the earlier you wake up, the Faster you'll get to where you want to go, not racing because your out of money or just low on money is a fine example of not selling yourself, and you'll always get more bees with honey. Sponsorship has many disguises!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts