Sport Bikes banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 900rr 98 model, i rode to work today and the bike feels loose in the rear end, there is air in the tires. and my shock is bottoming out, anyone ever had anything like that. i am at work havent had time to look at it. the bike dose have 25 k miles, is it possiable for the rear shock need to be replaced this soon, or can i just rebuild it. thank u for all the help

·
old member
13,079 Posts
What is your rear tire pressure? "Air in the tires" may mean 20 psi instead of the required 36 or so in the rear. That will make the rear end behave all kinds of loose. If the shock is really bottoming, it may have failed in some way, but that is doubtful with so few miles.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
i have a 900rr 98 model, i rode to work today and the bike feels loose in the rear end, there is air in the tires. and my shock is bottoming out, anyone ever had anything like that. i am at work havent had time to look at it. the bike dose have 25 k miles, is it possiable for the rear shock need to be replaced this soon, or can i just rebuild it. thank u for all the help
There is no way that a 900 shock can bottom out with the spring that is part of the shock. The spring may be broken, but that is a long shot. There must be something else wrong with the bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts