Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting into road riding - well, I was until I jacked both of my knees up playing basketball. I was training for my first century in September, but I haven't ridden since May 16 and I just had surgery last Friday, so probably another 3-4 weeks off.

Anyway, here's me and my kid brother. I'm the tall one. He's 6'3" for perspective. Yes, we're both fat, but we're having fun exercising and losing weight, so :twofinger because I didn't think I'd ever put fun and exercise together in a sentence.

My bike is a Cannondale CAAD9-4 with SRAM Rival/Force. His is a Jamis Aurora touring bike. I'm probably getting a touring bike myself soon for the more relaxed riding position. I'll keep the CAAD for once I'm in more of a racing condition, plus it's the last of the USA made Cannondales.

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
I LOVED cycling til I got tired of traffic. Even living in a beach city made it a nightmare. If I ever move out of California, I'll pick it up for sure.

I also lost 60 pounds recently by watching what I eat, and especially with the endless educational feedback from myfitnesspal app. Its made me feel better in endless ways, including motorcycling and mentally.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I have been riding for a while now. Made it to cat 3 before knee issues caused me to have to have four knee operations. I gained a bunch of weight so only racing I do these days is time trials.

Here are two of my bikes.

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1372973999.740285.jpg
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1372974121.938235.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Get a new saddle and/or a good fitting. Both will put you in a position on the bike that will enable you to ride for hours - if you get an endurance fit and not a race fit. I'm getting a touring bike to enable a more relaxed position that should be easier to maintain for endurance rides. I have friends that do 200-400 in a day...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts