Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I live in Texas now but I spend a lot of time up there working in my families sporting goods stores. One in Fairbanks and one in Valdez. Dont be shy, I know there are thousands of you out there. :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Yes I'm here,and will be making a run up to Fairbanks on the weekend of the 31st.

Gonna ride the richadrson up from palmer on friday,spend the day Saturday running around Fairbanks,the head home to Biglake by way of the Parks on sunday.

I'll make a run to Valdez in late August to go out in the sound for some sea bass.

You up here right now?

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Yep,sourdough is the way to go.

Last time I made the trip,a caribou stepped out in front of me just out side of Paxon.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I bought me a Dyno from Beaver Sports in Fairbanks when I lived there in '94-'97 still have it too. Couldn't afford a real bike yet when I was there :grinbounc

·
Premium Member
14,141 Posts
How much riding season is up in Alaska? I mean it has to be like 2 months or something

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Fred said:
How much riding season is up in Alaska? I mean it has to be like 2 months or something

:flipa

Noooooo,I start around the 2nd week of April and normaly go untill Thanksgiving.

We may get snow here and there but it melts.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Where did you take that pic?
It kinda looks like Tompson pass.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
I just came in from doing the loop.It rained and rained and then it rained some more.

I enjoyed it though.

But good lord at the squids in Fairbanks.When I got off the Richardson on to Airportway,I went str8 to the motel 8.Before I could even get my helment off there was 2 guys behind me on ZX 12's with extended chrome swingarms wanting me and Kim to go ride with them and 40 of there buds.

I said no thanks,I've got better things to do.Then there was the squidlyest of squids riding around in the rain with not even a pair of sun glasses on.How they did that,I'll never know.

It was all good though.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I wish I could have went with ya, I got back from fairbanks around 1 am saturday, driving the big new ford van at 90, leaning in the corners was a bit scary.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
falco said:
I wish I could have went with ya, I got back from fairbanks around 1 am saturday, driving the big new ford van at 90, leaning in the corners was a bit scary.

Me and Marty are going to VAldez in a few weeks.

At least I think we are,Jorge ran him off Friday after I left at noon.I'll have to call him to see what's up.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Squid Killer said:
Not too many squids in Valdez. lol. I think there was only one other sportbike in town when I left.
I was down there a few months back and did'nt see any bikes.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
There was one guy with an old CBR and two guys sharing a house that have HD's. One guy was in town visiting. He was riding a 1974 Norton Comando.

I lived in a sailboat in the small boat harbor and kept my Yamaha at the harbor masters office.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Seeing that I'll have the only new sportbike in town,I'll have to bring me a big stick to beat off all the women. :) :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts