Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3678084

FOXBORO, Mass. (AP) - There's a problem on the NFL's most harmonious team.

Richard Seymour, one of the few major stars on a New England Patriots team built to excel without them, was missing on the first day of the Super Bowl champions' mandatory minicamp Thursday.

"Unexcused," coach Bill Belichick said tersely when asked to classify Seymour's absence. "This is our only mandatory minicamp, and so all of the players that are under contract are required to be here."

Seymour's agent, Roosevelt Barnes, did not return a call seeking comment. But the All-Pro defensive lineman has complained that he is underpaid under the six-year, $14.3 million deal he signed in 2001, as a rookie. There are still two years remaining on that deal.

Yeah, you signed a contract, but don't worry about honoring it.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Not that I agree with the hold out.. but I do think he is underpaid

·
Premium Member
9,239 Posts
This is EXACTLY the kind of BULLSHIT that make me only watch college football......where men play the game because they love the game and not because of how much they are getting paid.

Besides I'm not a big fan of people who won't show up for work when they are expected to, no matter if it's one of my co-workers or a NFL lineman. Like the coach said, that's unexcusable.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
If they(new england) took care of Seymour this off season like they did pretty boy Brady then he would be in camp. I don't like the Pats but Seymour is one of the better linemen in the leauge. When ever players like Seymour, Milloy, and Law ask for money they get cut. When it comes to the pretty all american QB they fork over the money.

·
Registered
820 Posts
They cut the players they feel they can replace more easily through the draft or free agency. They filled the whole without Milloy with no problems. Belichick seems to think that his defensive schemes rely on team hard work, cohesion, and intelligence to be successful, than the talents of a couple individuals.

Maybe they think Brady would be much harder to replace in the offensive system they want to run. QBs also have longer careers and less chances of getting hurt. You are not risking nearly as much by forking over a large bonus.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts