Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if you can go to the dealer and just have them sync the throttle bodies. I've been reading that you don't need it at 600, but at 4000 you definitely do. I was reading the service manual, and basically its just maintenance/preventive stuff that I can do on my own. However, sync-ing the tb's might be too technical for me.

Has anyone had experience with this before? Or have had the dealer sync the tb's alone?

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
IronChefCJP said:
Just wondering if you can go to the dealer and just have them sync the throttle bodies. I've been reading that you don't need it at 600, but at 4000 you definitely do. I was reading the service manual, and basically its just maintenance/preventive stuff that I can do on my own. However, sync-ing the tb's might be too technical for me.

Has anyone had experience with this before? Or have had the dealer sync the tb's alone?

Where did you read that the TBs need to be re-synched at 4000 miles? O am at 4000 miles and my bike has never been smoother.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rennsport said:
Where did you read that the TBs need to be re-synched at 4000 miles? O am at 4000 miles and my bike has never been smoother.

In the service manual, under the periodic maintenance chart.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
It's a check at every periodic service. They may not need to be adjusted, but the manual just says to check it, along with idle speed.

Anthony

·
Registered
257 Posts
I am at 8000 miles and have never synched the TBs. Guess I don't read into all that bull shit maintenance and marketing crap anyhow. I replace spark plugs when I NEED to, not when a book tells me to. I use Rotella Synthetic not Yamalube (which the book tells you to).

People who follow manuals to a T are sheep. And anyone who paid $300 for the 600 mile checkup (it's just an oil change people) is idiotic.

The 4000 mile check up is an oil change + changing the air filter (if it's NEEDED).

·
Miles from there
332 Posts
The 4000 mile check up is an oil change + changing the air filter (if it's NEEDED).[/QUOTE]

They wont change it if its not needed......would they?!? Oh, thats why its called the stealership.

Took my Toyota PU to the dealership for warranty work, they told me it needed brakes all the way around, and gave me a quote (needed to take out a second mortgage to cover the cost) decieded to do it myself. The fronts were at least 50% and the rears were 75% or better. I think they lied.

·
Registered
539 Posts
dtaylor628.... u need to go back to the dealership... if it is a real dealership and not just a shop, make your service writer pull up ur RO... have him pull out the technicians notes... its mandated that they have a written # of how wide your brake discs are at and what is the recommended change interval... such as brake discs measure 19.8mm and the service limit is 19.5mm. They also will have a measured brake pad thickness , and/or how close they are to the wear sensor. I used to be a mechanic for a local MB dealership... everything is written into the RO under technicians notes. As for you i would definitely bring this up to the service managers attention either your service writer is trying to bump his/her upsells for the month or that technician is not properly measuring brakes. I know dealerships are stealerships but hey thats how you get your warranty work done... and ill tell you what.... when i got cars with extended star warranty from mercedes... i WANTED to find everything wrong with the car because
A: It is ALL covered under extended warranty
B: The more upsells you have on each car boosts your overall work/car/hour ratio
C: If i broke something getting to the part that needed replacement it would be covered under warranty and not by the dealership.... usually if you broke something it gets charged to the dealership and reflected in your overall hours/work/car ratio.

hmm im a lil off topic..

·
Super Pursuit Mode, Yo
2,073 Posts
Go to the stickies at the top of the main FZ6 forum page. Look under "How to". Click on 'synch throttle bodies'.

Or if you search 'throttle bodies' or something similar there's info.

FZ1KEP synched mine at one point. A few were out a bit and it smoothed out in the 5~6K RPM range after synching.

It's probably not necessary unless you've noticed a problem.

·
Registered
663 Posts

I'm close to 13,000miles on the 07(one owner, me), and i never did nothing but oil/filter changes. The bike runs and rev's perfectly smooth. Only thing i plan on doing soon(other than oil changes) is a New Air Filter and New spark Plugs....

·
Diver Down
812 Posts
Ain't broke, don't fix it. Manual says only to check it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Synchronizing carbs or throttle bodies should be done always after working on them, such as taking apart, cleaning, anything that involves severing the linkages. They don't usually go out of synch by themselves. I wouldn't do it unless I did something along the lines of above or the bike was idling rough.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts