Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
My fanclub is here
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Movies/06/08/people.culkin.ap/index.html
Makes me sick. What do you think your chances would have been?

"OKLAHOMA CITY, Oklahoma (AP) -- Former child star Macaulay Culkin pleaded guilty Wednesday to misdemeanor charges of possession of medication without a prescription and marijuana and was given a deferred sentence."

"This was a rare circumstance for Mr. Culkin," Mashburn said. "He was not an abuser."

"Officers found over a half-ounce of marijuana and several tablets of Xanax."

I haven't had a drink in 10 years and I know for a fact anyone carrying that kind of dope is not a "casual user". Maybe next time he'll be at the wheel and run over one of us out for a ride. Nice slap on the wrist yer honor. Cute fine too.

·
Registered
533 Posts
im sure it happens all the time but you only hear about it because he is famous. maybe next time he'll be at the wheel and run over one of us? maybe an 80 year old will, maybe a drunk guy will, maybe a stupid teenager will, personally just because he had weed on him i don't think that would make him any more likely to hit someone.

·
Banned
1,097 Posts
I haven't had a drink in 10 years and I know for a fact anyone carrying that kind of dope is not a "casual user". Maybe next time he'll be at the wheel and run over one of us out for a ride. Nice slap on the wrist yer honor. Cute fine too.
He wasn't driving. The shit was found in a car where he was a passenger. They got him for like 450 bucks. Here in CA, the fine's less that 200. A half-ounce isn't that much weed, and the gov't agrees, under and ounce= no big deal. Get off your high horse, just cause you don't smoke doesn't mean other people shouldn't (I agree it should be illegal to drive stoned). You don't smoke or drink, but I bet there's something that you like to do that plenty of other people would have a problem with (guns? speeding? etc.). So (in my best stoner voice), just chill.

·
My fanclub is here
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow I hadn't expected that. So do you guys honestly think you would get the same treatment? :eek:nfloor :lao

Maybe I should have clarified I've spent those ten years volunteering in prisons and rehabs. All my closest freinds are ex cons and dope fiends. My experience might be a little different from the party user types. I will defend your right to fry your brain on the drug of your choice. I'd rather not ride on the same road with you is all.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
money talks..

·
Registered
376 Posts
bugeyed said:
Uh, what was the crime? Who is the victim? Who did he hurt by possessing a plant that grows along any major highway?
Yah I remember hearing this story when he got caught. Just because he was caught with weed in his car doesn't make him a a hazard on the road.

·
Registered
376 Posts
steeltoe said:
Wow I hadn't expected that. So do you guys honestly think you would get the same treatment? :eek:nfloor :lao

Maybe I should have clarified I've spent those ten years volunteering in prisons and rehabs. All my closest freinds are ex cons and dope fiends. My experience might be a little different from the party user types. I will defend your right to fry your brain on the drug of your choice. I'd rather not ride on the same road with you is all.
I know a lot of people are going to disagree with me, but weed is not a gateway drug. I have smoked before and never had any need to go out and go do coke. :rolleyes

sorry for the 2 post, wont happen again :)

·
Banned
82 Posts
i smoked...then tried e, dxm, and n2o...good shit...weed was my gateway drug...i recomend e...man that shit is great

edit: weed doesn't go directly to coke...its like weed, e/dxm, shrooms/lsd, coke, heroine...that is how the cycle goes.

·
Registered
376 Posts
djt81185 said:
i smoked...then tried e, dxm, and n2o...good shit...weed was my gateway drug...i recomend e...man that shit is great

edit: weed doesn't go directly to coke...its like weed, e/dxm, shrooms/lsd, coke, heroine...that is how the cycle goes.
I guess thats you, I started smoking when I was 13, I thought this is good enough and don't have any need to get more shall i say "fucked up", and weed is not bad for your body. Why try to get more messed up with acid and such when all that brings is addiction and harmful substances in your body, thats just how I look at it.

I'll pass on trying E, I never had a want for any of that stuff.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
In many states, first offense straight possession of marijuana, and the least addictive prescription drugs like Xanax, is virtually non criminal. A person is entitled by law in Massachusetts to have the case continued without a finding of guilty for such an offense. So anyone would get the same penalty or better here.

·
Registered
430 Posts
it is a common misconception that smoking pot = doing coke. When in fact, it is simply a symptom of someone who has an addictive personality, if you have an addictive personality, you are more likely to try a LOT of drugs, including pot. Since it is usually the easiest to get a hold of, it is the one you start with, and then move on to others. I hear stories all the time from anti drug campaigns about how all these pot smokers are lazy, jobless broke bums. What about all the lazy, jobless broke ass people who don't smoke, drink, or do anything else, or how about the many people i know who smoke pot on a daily basis, right after coming home from their 50-60K a year job? If you are lazy and stupid, you will that way sober or stoned, doesn't make a difference.

·
Registered
18,682 Posts
The whole Gateway Drug thing is an invented construct. Notice the recent trend is to call cigarettes the gateway drug.

If there is any truth to the idea it is that people try weed, figure out that everything the government told them about it was a lie, and are more willing to try other drugs as a result.

It is one of the great tragedies of public drug education that those funding it believe they won't be found out when they lie. If drug education was scrupulously honest, it would be more effective at preventing use of actually dangerous or addictive substances.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I did a gateway drug this morning. I did coffee. I drank it because it makes me feel good. I feel refreshed after a cup of coffee and am ready to roll. I also have a stash of ground coffee beans hidden in my kitchen. Should the cops raid my place looking for drugs do you think they will find it if I hide it under the rotting tomatos at the bottom of my fridge?

·
Registered
775 Posts
steeltoe said:

Yeah first time possesion is a pretty light charge...I agree that celebrities often get away with shit, but I don't think this is a good example.

And regarding your anti-drug stance... Look, just because you and others have addictive personalities, doesn't mean that everyone does. I have dipped my toe into the pool of substances and have been able to keep myself straight. It is called experimental and social use. Some people can pull it off. Others can't. It comes down to what role you think the government should play. I just find it paradoxical that some of the same people that argue for smaller government are more than willing to let the government choose what substances they can and can't use.

I used to be more straight edge and conservative when it came to drugs. Then I went to college and studied sociology and criminal justice. I learned just how F'd our "war on drugs" is. It's a big PR scheme and in my opinion puts a lot of people in jail.

I can understand controlling more dangerous substances but marijuana...come on. People cause more trouble when they drink than when they smoke.

I would also like to commend you, steeltoe, despite disagreeing with your opinion. If you had a problem with alcohol and confronted it and dealt with it that is something admirable.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts