Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please do so when ever you get onto your bike. No matter if it's just down the street to the store or around the block!!!!..... I couldnt take it if this were any one of you.

In a second accident Wednesday evening, Judy Belcher, 36, of Bowling Green was killed when her motorcycle went into the lane of an oncoming car on Cumberland Trace Road, near the intersection of Cemetery Road.

The Bowling Green woman was not wearing a helmet, according to the Warren County Sheriff’s Department.

Deputies say Belcher’s motorcycle ran head-on into the car, driven by 16-year-old Alyssa Turner of Oakland, at about 9:30 p.m.

Belcher was pronounced dead at 3:05 a.m. at The Medical Center emergency room. Turner did not receive medical treatment.

Daily News · 813 College St. · PO Box 90012 · Bowling Green, KY · 42102 · 270-781-1700

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Exactly!! Safety First.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Not to hijack, well kinda releated:

Saw my first female squid today and guess what she was riding? Yes, it was an F4i. I was very offended, well kind of. She had a nice tattoo on a very strategic part of her body. Anyway, wearing sneakers, no jacket, no pants. Only the helmet.

We played a little cat and mouse and I couldn't believe she would hit the speeds that we did without any gear on. I was freaking out and I was in full leathers with my Shoei. Goes to show you that "squidardness" is not just exclusive to riders with external genatalia I guess.

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
she seriously had no clothes on besides a helmet and sneakers???? :3eek

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Darwin swings both ways, eh?

·
Hardass!
8,085 Posts
japbike said:
Please do so when ever you get onto your bike. No matter if it's just down the street to the store or around the block!!!!..... I couldnt take it if this were any one of you.

In a second accident Wednesday evening, Judy Belcher, 36, of Bowling Green was killed when her motorcycle went into the lane of an oncoming car on Cumberland Trace Road, near the intersection of Cemetery Road.

The Bowling Green woman was not wearing a helmet, according to the Warren County Sheriff’s Department.

Deputies say Belcher’s motorcycle ran head-on into the car, driven by 16-year-old Alyssa Turner of Oakland, at about 9:30 p.m.

Belcher was pronounced dead at 3:05 a.m. at The Medical Center emergency room. Turner did not receive medical treatment.

Daily News · 813 College St. · PO Box 90012 · Bowling Green, KY · 42102 · 270-781-1700

Appears gear wasn't the problem here with a headon wreck, maybe if she opened her eyes, that would have worked.
People in vehicles die significantly in headon wrecks.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
beowulf2k said:
Appears gear wasn't the problem here with a headon wreck, maybe if she opened her eyes, that would have worked.
People in vehicles die significantly in headon wrecks.
This is true, but you do have a greater chance of surviving any type of accident by having your gear on. That is the point of this post. I know there are ppl out there that claim it's "too hot", "I like the looks I get from the guys/girls".. Well if that's the reason behind or even a smidgen of a reason why you have a bike, then you're not in it for the riding. Real riders want to ride, not show off. squids! :pisson

I wonder if this poor 16 yr old girl will ever be able to drive again? How traumatizing!!

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
silent_R1 said:
:lao No. Unforunately... J/K. Just a shirt, some warm-up pants that's it. I'm not sure if she was wearing gloves either. The sneekers she had on were the ultra-low tennis/walking style.

I was just suprised she took off the way she did without gear on. There would have been little bits an pieces of her on the road if she lost control of that bike.

·
Registered
181 Posts
RIP
What's sad is the amount of stories just like this one. knowing the possibilities I don't see how anyone could hop on a bike without wearing full gear. There is a picture on this one website that is very graphic, I clicked on it once....after seeing that I won't even start my bike without getting geared up first. I feel like getting a grip on the toilet just thinking about that picture. WEAR YOUR GEAR!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I was young and STUPID once....Back in AZ. I would ride without a jacket. But I always wore jeans,boots,gloves and the ever important brian bucket.
Not today...I gear before i go out the door. The new leathers that are available today make even the hottest days easy to handle.
:bitchslap

·
Registered
46 Posts
AnglsXst said:
its sad when a rider dies because they are going more for looking cool or somethig then being safe..
D00de, I'm sure I'm not the only one who's going to say/think this...

But I think riding gear looks damn cool! It offers me the protection I must have and it fits my womanly curves; I think I'm a straight up hottie when I'm in full riding gear! And you know what, I look even better when I get there all in one piece! :)

Damn squids. :bitchslap

·
Keeping WI HOT since 1998
2,917 Posts
Lzzybeth said:
D00de, I'm sure I'm not the only one who's going to say/think this...

But I think riding gear looks damn cool! It offers me the protection I must have and it fits my womanly curves; I think I'm a straight up hottie when I'm in full riding gear! And you know what, I look even better when I get there all in one piece! :)
+100 :cheers

·
Registered
218 Posts
silent_R1 said:

I was thinking the same thing!! :eek:nfloor He DID say she had no pants on......

1 - 15 of 15 Posts