Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
RIP Sirkbac
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My roommate, who is also one of my best friends, just got engaged this weekend with his girlfriend of 5 years.

There are a group of 7 of us who are really close friends. We're all 24/25 years old right now.

One just got married last month...another is getting married next month, and now my roommate.

There are also a couple of the guys who are in quite serious relationships. Goddamn, I'm starting to feel old...although I know I'm still young. Crazy stuff.

These guys find girls who want to spend the rest of their lives together, I have trouble finding a girl where we want to spend a month together! :bananafu:

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Yeah don't worry about it...can't compare yourself constantly to everyone else and what they are doing....remember all is not as it seems!!! :D

·
RIP Sirkbac
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RSixxygrl said:
Yeah don't worry about it...can't compare yourself constantly to everyone else and what they are doing....remember all is not as it seems!!! :D

True, true. At least there's still one other single guy in our group...but he's going to New Jersey for school for two years...doh!

PS. When did you become a mod? shizzie is whack. :)

·
Man in the boat
228 Posts
JGard18 said:
My roommate, who is also one of my best friends, just got engaged this weekend with his girlfriend of 5 years.

There are a group of 7 of us who are really close friends. We're all 24/25 years old right now.

One just got married last month...another is getting married next month, and now my roommate.

There are also a couple of the guys who are in quite serious relationships. Goddamn, I'm starting to feel old...although I know I'm still young. Crazy stuff.

These guys find girls who want to spend the rest of their lives together, I have trouble finding a girl where we want to spend a month together! :bananafu:

Dude I feel the same way...Except my buddies are all 22ish...Its friggin sad... :a2

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
They think they aren't getting enough sex now, just wait till the get married. You know guys, thats one of the reasons why us women get married, so we wont have to bother with it any more.. :D hahaha~!! :flipa

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
No worries, Mate! Hold out for the best offer. When your buddies are all miserable and searching the loner
chat rooms for their third wives....

You'll be established and successful, bangin' stews at 40 thousand feet! :bananafu:

Or less cynically, sleeping soundly next to your fine young honey after a delicious home cooked meal
followed by mad passionate lovemaking .

Either way, wait until you really really know it's right,
and you're 30ish, established and successful.

And buy all your toys FIRST!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Man this thread is funny as hell!

Marriage isn't that bad if you do it for the right reasons. Granted I've only had the "Ring of Dispair" on for 1 year, but I've been 100% commited to this woman for 6 years.
Before that I could have been lable a player & I'll admit I was. I played the field & always told the date of the week that we were only together until something better. came along. I even told my current wife that... Guess what, there isn't anything better. Sappy??? Yes. True??? Very. It doesn't happen all the time, but when it happens, you know it.
As far as toyz, she is making me get another track bike so she can have mine!! Cool? Very!!

Good luck with your buddies man. Your at an age where its inevitable, they will start dropping like flies. Hopefully they do it for the right reasons and not just to be part of the group cuz everyone else is doing it...

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Been married 12 years. Together for 14.. Both of us were wild as hell metalheads. We now have a beautiful 2 yr old girl...nice house...great neighbors...
My wife loves that I'm not some [email protected]#$y that grovels under their wifes control...90% of the guys around here!!
All the guys in my neighborhood and work were all...Oooo you are gonna crash and kill yourself. Well I crashed and walked away...rebuilt the bike right in front of them and jumped right back on. My wife smiles when she tells the story.
Just find a girl you really do love, don't settle for just anyone. And don't try to change each other.

·
Man in the boat
228 Posts
kazlab67 said:
Been married 12 years. Together for 14.. Both of us were wild as hell metalheads. We now have a beautiful 2 yr old girl...nice house...great neighbors...
My wife loves that I'm not some [email protected]#$y that grovels under their wifes control...90% of the guys around here!!
All the guys in my neighborhood and work were all...Oooo you are gonna crash and kill yourself. Well I crashed and walked away...rebuilt the bike right in front of them and jumped right back on. My wife smiles when she tells the story.
Just find a girl you really do love, don't settle for just anyone. And don't try to change each other.

Now thats romantic!!!

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
kazlab67 said:
that's awesome!!! :headbang Same goes for the ladies too--find a guy you really love, don't settle or try to change each other....and ladies--get your toys too first !!!! :lol

·
Registered
404 Posts
This thread is funny. Two of my best friends back home have been married less than 2 years and they're hating life. I think that too many people settle.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
PartsPimp said:
This thread is funny. Two of my best friends back home have been married less than 2 years and they're hating life. I think that too many people settle.

sometimes you just have to settle..... I've done it already. At my age, you can't be picky...

·
Cool and Refreshing
703 Posts
:lol I was married for a year and half, but I was with my ex for a total of 3 years. After we said I do she tried to change me, and was like WTF, I wasnt going to be "one" of those guys, that are married and miserable(sp?) So we got divorced, AND SHE HATED BIKES. :banned

·
______ETA B4U______
1,990 Posts
Don't sweat it man I have the same thing going on. 2 of my friends got divorces in a year. No days it pays to wait a little longer. I know i'm no where near ready. The will do 10 15 years then call it quits maybe and people that wait a little longer have a better chance IMO.

·
Registered
300 Posts
It don't really matter of age . But I will tell you ,if settle you will regret it. Trust me on that.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Me and my wife are both latchkey kids and children of hardcore divorces. Between us at this moment we have a total of 4 dads and 4 moms. Her mom has been married 5 times.
We both agree that Divorce is so far out of the equation that we won't deal with it. Our D word is duel!!!
She agreed...her weapon of choice...bahahahaha....
There are gonna be days where you are mad...but guess what, there are days where you couldn't be happier. We have had some really bad lows so it's all up from here. Good luck to anyone that's married.

·
Head Rooster
3,438 Posts
Due to this thread, I'm never ever ever getting married.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts