Sport Bikes banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like alot of us are going down lately so you can add me to the list. Not much I can really do about what happened though. So here's the situation.

I was taking a left into a neighborhood where im currently storing my bike and had down shifted as a car pulled out in front of me. He was taking a right out of a nearby complex on the side of the road I was turning into. The dick had a stop sign but decided not to look so he cut me off mid turn. I grabbed some brake but it was too late. I went over the bike (high sided) and was luckily able to move my leg before the bike came crashing down on it. The dick sped off and I laid in the road for a second before realizing waht had just happened.

The damage:

Cracked front/rear plastics. Possibly cracked fork. Bent brake's on the right side and busted end cap on my handle bars along with a possible bent handle bar as well. Busted turn indicator as well. Couple scratches but all on plastic/pegs that are cracked/bent anyway. Frame was perfect, exhaust was perfect, the peg stayed out luckily and took the impact of the fall along with my leg slowing it down as my right leg touched ground as it swung out.

The bad:
My bike is less than a week old (arghhhhhhh), and the plastics WILL have to be replaced. I also don't really have the money to do this right now, thank god for credit cards and having backup transportation.

The good:
Replacements! I hated the stock swinging foot pegs anyway, along with I saw a nice GSX-R front end setup for sale thats probably cheaper than a new set of SV forks. Mini indicators were another thing I wanted to do along with a tail chop since the back is now messed up. Also, none of my gear was damaged. Not even my jeans just a minor tear the size of a penny near my knee. Thank you shoei/dainese/alpinestars!

So there's my story. Input if you want. Im pissed that people don't pay attention but it's not like I expected to stay up forever. Falls come sooner or latter and Im happy it was a small fall instead of a crash going 65. I get some new goodies at least and some really nice people pulled over to check if i was ok. Not much I can really do to mend the situation since the guy ran. Just live and learn I guess. Bike's gonna be outta action for a couple weeks at least though.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Sorry to hear that dude....If you got a description of the car, u might go back into the neighborhood sometime looking for it....I just think people have to pay and be responsible for a situation like that.....luckily ur not hurt, but still theres considerable property damage that you shouldn't be responsible for....hope you get him dude

·
Registered
80 Posts
so you wanted him to take out a pen and paper and write down his plate while he was in the middle of the air during a high side?!?!

·
Registered
554 Posts
looks like you have a stunt bike bro... congratuations :dblthumb :cheers :cheers

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hell no, my new bike is not getting stunted. She's getting fixed and if anything race prepped (hehehehehehe). Any suggestions on where to buy the replacement parts? Im not buying new OEM parts. Too expensive.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
N-Ish said:
looks like you have a stunt bike bro... congratuations :dblthumb :cheers :cheers

LMFAO man thats too funny.

Really though man you shouldn't have to pay for that. go file a police report with in the next few days but after you stake out the neighborhood for his lic plate number get him on fleeing the scene of an accident and sue his ass for damages!!!!!

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's not worth it. I can't even remember the guy if I wanted to. Plus he could deny it was even him and how can I proove it? I got no witnesses. It's an sv650. Anyone know some good cheap OEM websites so I can compare prices to aftermarket stuff?

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looked at ron ayers...upper cowling is the area around windscreen/headlights..no? I cracked that and my rear. Rear is obvious but i dont see "upper fairing".

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
this is an SVS? or nekkid?

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SVS, the plastic cracked. I think both the upper front end, and the little portion thats under it thats black and wraps around underneath. I have no idea what there names are.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
do you look thru there microfiche?

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
microfiche? WHat's that. I looked at something that had a bunch of diagrams but i dont know what the fudge each number meant. THere was like 10 1's...oi. but that was at like 10 this morning before I left.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts