Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't run, it's not worth it...

LONGWOOD, Fla. - A motorcyclist who fled deputies on Interstate 4 lost control of his bike at a central Florida rest stop and died when he slid under a parked tractor-trailer rig.

Herbert H. Moodie, 37, of Sanford, died Sunday at the rest stop near Longwood, about 11 miles north of Orlando.

Deputies had received a call about a reckless motorcyclist that was driving fast and weaving in and out of lanes, said Seminole County Sheriff's Sgt. Robert Cox.

A deputy turned on his patrol car lights and tried to stop the yellow Honda, but the driver fled. The deputy turned off the lights and stopped the pursuit about 15 second later, Cox said.

The motorcyclist then turned into the rest area, hit some gravel and was thrown under the tractor trailer rig where he died instantly, deputies said.

·
Registered
380 Posts
That'll teach him

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
and people ask me why I pull over if I am on my bike.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
I find it strange that a 37 year old man would just run unless he had something to run from (IE a warrant, etc)

·
Registered
457 Posts
firefighter81 said:
I find it strange that a 37 year old man would just run unless he had something to run from (IE a warrant, etc)
stupidity knows no Age..

i have seen 40 year olds act like 19 year olds and i have seen 19 year olds act like 40 year olds.

·
Registered
605 Posts
MaxOwner said:
I just spit out my orange juice picturing a guy running from the cops on a GoldWing and sliding under a tractor trailer
Thats funny chit :lol

·
Registered
65 Posts
Whats even worse is the cop stopped the pursuit, and the guy still felt the need to drive wrecklessly enough to bite the dust. Sad.

·
Registered
646 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts