Sport Bikes banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys know/think about Shift leathers. I know they are new to the street part of motorcycles and all, but I would imagine they have been around long enough to have some competence. I saw this suit on closeout

Shift suit

It seems ok at a pretty good price. One thing I noticed is that it doesn't have knee sliders. Do I need that yet since it will be my track debut when I finally get there. I'm pretty sure I could touch a knee if I wanted, but without this type of gear, I've obviously never tried. I suppose I could just get a patch of the soft velcro sewn on if needed.

Thoughts??

·
Sandbox hater!!
629 Posts
If I'm not mistaken that is the brand that Eddie Lawson used to wear so it's gotta be pretty good. I like it just cause its not what everyone else has.

·
Registered
51 Posts
:phatyo That's a pretty kickass suit. I'd be jumpin' on it too if it were two piece. I'd wind up kicked out of the house and divorced, but hey - I'd have my bike and a kickass suit.

Maybe I could make do with a one piece.

·
King of the Hopeless
1,132 Posts
That suit is built for racing dirtbikes with slicks on them - I am brain farting on the name of it - not supercross or motocross - I can't remember what is called I think Supermoto - Eric Bostrom does it. That is why it is a one piece yet it does not have sliders. Anyway, the way the suit is cut, it may not be the best for riding a sportbike on the street. You may want to call Shift up and ask what the primary use of the suit is for before you dump the cash.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Claudius, thanks for the heads up. I did contact Shift and they did say it was specifically designed for supermoto. He did say that he thought it would be ok for sportbike tracks, but this was just some guy on the other end of the line. Besides the knee pucks, which I'l add myself, is there any real difference b/w the two types of suits?

·
Habitual line-stepper
11,594 Posts
i know Teknic makes a velcro kit for knee sliders.... it's 10 bucks on kneedraggers, and you can have it sewn on at almost any leather shop.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts