Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here ride around here on a regular basis? There is a lot of options in this area. Just wondering where most of you ride at. I usually ride with a friend or two, but we're always looking for more to join in.

I live at 23 and North Territorial. Territorial is a nice ride too.

Where do you guys normally ride?

·
Registered
345 Posts
I ride where you live, you lucky bastid ! I have to shlep my ass 60 miles across town to even get where you are!

We ride all over the plase out your way, well, mostly west of you. I might be out that way again today... have today off work.

This past Sat, ended up as far west as Mason.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Ride More ! ! ! !

TFin04 said:
Mason's a haul.....

HUH ? "Mason's a haul" ?

Dood....

Last wknd, I had two 300+ mile days out that way!
From Thu eve to Sun afternoon, I had almost 1000 miles logged. That's with taking Sunday off fer Easter UFOs (Unimportant Family Obligations).

RIDE THA' THANG ! ! !

:fiddy

·
Registered
345 Posts
Don't think I'd ever end up in Mason in a car... no reason.

Only reason I end up there on a bike is 'cause Dexter Trail ran out!
And that's abt as far west as I go (with many many detours along the way) in one day from Macomb County.

Wish I lived where U do!
(insert jealous smiley here)

RIDE !

·
Registered
706 Posts
MilleArp said:
Wish I lived where U do!
(insert jealous smiley here)
You ain't kidding. 23/N. Territorial is the initial meet spot for anyone that puts a group ride on out that way. TFin, I'm real suprised you've never stumbled on a group out there.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Forgive a Michigan newb. What are some of the roads (twisty ones hopefully) that you guys ride in the Ann Arbor area? There seem to be some decent roads north and northwest of Ann Arbor, but MS Streets & Trips doesn't have any info. on road smoothness, traffic, etc. :)

I live in Westland so Ann Arbor is only a half-hour away. Plus, that's where I work so there is always the chance of a post-work jaunt before heading home.

·
Registered
706 Posts
SlowCBR said:
Forgive a Michigan newb. What are some of the roads (twisty ones hopefully) that you guys ride in the Ann Arbor area? There seem to be some decent roads north and northwest of Ann Arbor, but MS Streets & Trips doesn't have any info. on road smoothness, traffic, etc. :)

I live in Westland so Ann Arbor is only a half-hour away. Plus, that's where I work so there is always the chance of a post-work jaunt before heading home.
Welcome to Michigan. You've got a pm.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Yo I live in Ypsilanti, and I usually ride everyday weather/health permiting. Will definatly be down for another ride out north territorial way again. Mille I had a great time with the ducks unlimited ride a couple weeks ago. looking forward to another!!!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Go to any Huron-Clinton Metro Park, like Kensington. Get the Metro Parks map. Get three. Get a couple MI maps, too.
Put one of each on your bike, in your car, and at your desk at work.

Go put on your helmet, pack extra gear, explore the roads, and get lost if you can; it's fun!
Pick a small city on the map 50 miles away, and find the longest way to get there.
You'll start finding some nice roads!

Seriously, if you get lost, just travel in any direction for 10-15 miles. You WILL run across a well-marked road.

DARE to explore.... DARE to turn down a road you've never been on...

·
Registered
706 Posts
MilleArp said:
DARE to turn down a road you've never been on...
And if it turns to gravel, continue with caution. :) Saw a road on a map that looked fun up around the Lakeville/Rochester Rd area (Drahner rd.) It was twisty and curvy as hell, and almost no traffic. It was also unpaved. Middle of summer, trees and water on each side and couldn't keep the shield down. Bugs everywhere and hot as hell. The tires I was on, the only tread left was on the part that wasn't squared off. The great thing about it, I was still on my bike, and didn't regret it one bit. It did increase my interest in a dual-sport, though. :fiddy

·
Registered
345 Posts
SMOKIN said:
.... Mille I had a great time with the ducks unlimited ride a couple weeks ago. looking forward to another!!!

Rode agn last wknd. Too much rain.
Wasn't too bad Sat, once DU ride was "over", went my own way with a couple in tow. Then they split off, and I went solo.
Hid under an awning during the first wave of rain, then putted around for a bit, then headed home inbetween the two main waves/fronts of rain.
That ride-in-the-rain-gap plan werkd perfect! :banana

Sun, well, got soaked! (even tho I left the ride early).

Life happens... :fiddy

·
Habitual line-stepper
11,594 Posts
Bad Habit said:
And if it turns to gravel, continue with caution. :) Saw a road on a map that looked fun up around the Lakeville/Rochester Rd area (Drahner rd.) It was twisty and curvy as hell, and almost no traffic. It was also unpaved. Middle of summer, trees and water on each side and couldn't keep the shield down. Bugs everywhere and hot as hell. The tires I was on, the only tread left was on the part that wasn't squared off. The great thing about it, I was still on my bike, and didn't regret it one bit. It did increase my interest in a dual-sport, though. :fiddy
lol, yeah- i built a house up there last summer. i wanted to ride to work, but had about 3 miles of dirt roads to get there.... not fun... a lot of those roads are fantastic, though... they are just all connected by dirt roads.

But yeah- looks like i'll be home in Shelby Twp. all summer, and have a ton of friends in ann arbor, so maybe i'll make a weekend out of visiting them and going for some rides. Let me know if you guys are planning anything big.... cuz i'm in.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bad Habit said:
You ain't kidding. 23/N. Territorial is the initial meet spot for anyone that puts a group ride on out that way. TFin, I'm real suprised you've never stumbled on a group out there.
I have a couple times, but I'm also still pretty new to riding. I usually go more south into Ann Arbor, but I caught up with a group last weekend and put about 100 miles on with them in about a 50 mile radius map wise.

I live at 6 mile and 23, and my gf lives at N Territorial and 23. I'm definately in for some riding this summer.

Some guy with an all orange/chrome chopper jumped in with us too, and kept riding WAY too close to me in turns and shit, he was really pissing me off. :upyours

I kept brake checking him and riding in the middle of my lane.... he didn't get the hint. We finally pulled over and made him pass us.

·
Registered
13 Posts
TFin04 said:
Anyone here ride around here on a regular basis? There is a lot of options in this area. Just wondering where most of you ride at. I usually ride with a friend or two, but we're always looking for more to join in.

I live at 23 and North Territorial. Territorial is a nice ride too.

Where do you guys normally ride?
Sounds like you're right around my neck of the woods... I'm off Main Street in Whitmore Lake. I usually ride solo.... Always lookin for some one to ride with.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Any one of you looking to head out for a ride today??? I'm outty work at 5ish... How ever I do feel a quick "cold" coming on.... It's flippin Beautiful today.... 5/3/06 Hit me up.... I'm down....

·
Registered
13 Posts
MilleArp said:
I wish ! ! !

It's awesome out there.

I'll have to be happy with the fact I rode to work... :fiddy

Yeah.... I don't ride to work any more. I was cut off during my lunch break last summer. Fowkers missed the entrance ramp to 94 and dodged out in front of me then locked up the breaks (completely stoped) Not to mention the person behind me almost ran me over, I had to avoid rear ending them I had to swerve, ended up layin her down. They peaked their heads out the window and as soon as I jumped up, they drove off. It looked like a car full of Illeagals to me.

I was soooo tempted this morning but, I feel I can wait until I get home tonight.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts