Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not an apple fanboy, but have really liked the iphone and IOS from the start. Well after upgrading to the iphone 4, 3 years ago, I was still happy with the phone and itunes. But, after IOS7, it turned my iphone 4 into a slow piece of crap. So, this friday I upgraded to Galaxy Note 3. Iphone5 just didn't do anything for me, still a small screen, was trying to wait out a b***** screen. After playing with the Note Friday and Saturday, I love Android, love the big screen. What really helped keep me with IOS was itunes, never could find a good all in one replacement in Android. Now, I'm using Google Play for my music and Pocket Cast for my podcasts.

·
Registered
228 Posts
You know what else I love about android? I can use any fkn cell charger, tablet charger and even some camera chargers on it except for apple ones.

And if, say I want a alarm clock app, I don't have to pay 5.99 for one.

Or if I want my background to be dynamic... or if I want to WiFi tether for free...

Ahhh android.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I use a mophie case, so I can charge my iphone with a micro USB.

I switched from android to iphone when I got sick of my year old Droid crashing 10 times a day.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
I use a mophie case, so I can charge my iphone with a micro USB.

I switched from android to iphone when I got sick of my year old Droid crashing 10 times a day.
yeah a couple of girls that work for me have that problem with their iphones. guess you guys need to learn how to use your phones so they don't crash all the time. :majoreact

·
Registered
21,263 Posts
I don't understand how people can use something like the Note. That thing is huge. I don't want any phone that I can't reach all corners with 1 thumb. It's a phone, not a tablet. The S4 is about as big as I'd want to go.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
I don't understand how people can use something like the Note. That thing is huge. I don't want any phone that I can't reach all corners with 1 thumb. It's a phone, not a tablet. The S4 is about as big as I'd want to go.
i have a note, super thin and love the big screen. i have no issues using it one handed. i couldnt stand a super tiny screen iphone, now that would suck.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
I can't really compare the android to the Iphone seeing how I've never owned an Iphone but thus far I have no complaints about the android. I actually just picked up a new phone this weekend, a Samsung Mega. Thing is a monster!

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Different strokes for different folks. I don't need not like the huge screens(that's why I have a notebook and a tv). Even though I have relatively large hands, the iPhone works out for me ever since I started using it in 2008 or so. I'm not a fan boy by any means but the iPhone really suits me, I only upgrade when I need to(ie...dropping my phone a river(didnt exchange that one yet).

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
I am an apple fan boy but ive never owned an iPhone nor do I want to. I like my android phone just because I am used to it.

·
Registered
278 Posts
i love apple products, i have the iphone, appletv (LOVE IT), imac, ipad, and macbook pro, they are awesome products and very reliable (just not cheap :()

as for the phone topic, i've had every model from 1 to 4s ... i hadn't upgraded to the 5 yet b/c what the 5/5c/5s offers that the 4s doesn't, does not justify me spending $200-300. i'll get my girlfriend's 5 when she upgrades to the 5s shortly though.

to me, the iphone is perfect. the screen is a perfect size, if i want to watch something, i have tv or my ipad for on the go. the iphone it has more capabilities than i honestly need, but i have gotten used to the luxuries it provides and not sure i want do without now (i.e. itunes, nike run app). i honestly don't know why everyone doesn't have one :D

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
The biggest thing that kept me away from iphone was itunes, god I hate that application, having used it on multiple ipods. Yuck.

I have the Note 2 and was itching to trade up to the Note 3 when I saw it in the cell store. Love my Note 2. It's getting a few glitches now n then but I don't mind that so much. I do need to return it tho for the MicroSD slot. That's been bummed for a while now. Must remember to back-up my contacts etc.

·
Registered
278 Posts
The biggest thing that kept me away from iphone was itunes, god I hate that application, having used it on multiple ipods. Yuck.
yeah, i can see that with itunes. i think it's an awesome application but it does have it's hang ups ... i.e. i had to go through my girlfriend's library to remove duplicates, and unfortunately, it's a manual process. she had 3,000 duplicates. not sure how she let it get to that point but damn, that was about a 2 1/2 hour process.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Love my note 2, I suggested my father get the iphone 5, because he wanted a phone that just WORKS. And apple product's do. I love android, moving from webos. My work phone is an iphone 5. So much more customization with android. Widgets, apps for whatever I want, ability to download movies from bittorrant, the walking dead, or whatever, and I love the screen on my note. No I wont be picking up the note 3. I also have a zero lemon battery, 9300 mah of POWAH! When I go on long rides or go to my gf's for the weekend I dont even worry about taking a charger. And yes, that is just a phone in my pocket, im not happy to see you ;-)

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
I can't really compare the android to the Iphone seeing how I've never owned an Iphone but thus far I have no complaints about the android. I actually just picked up a new phone this weekend, a Samsung Mega. Thing is a monster!
I was playing around with one of those, love it. If it had a higher mp camera on it I would get one. The fact it replaces 2 devices (a phone and a tablet) does it for me, one less thing to carry around, it does it all. Where samsung makes their devices so thin the big size doesn't feel so big in your pocket. my note doesnt feel like a big phone at all, it is really thin and light. i do like the mega better, i think it is the perfect size.

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
The only con I have that keeps me from buying the Mega, is the resolution. It's only 1280 x 720. The Galaxy S4 is 1080p (1920x1080).

Iphones are so simple, they are hard (no joke!). I have already had to teach 3 people how to use them.

·
Super Moderator
4,659 Posts
Having just switched from an Iphone to a Galaxy S4, I gotta say that I really love my Galaxy. Love the b***** screen and the typing is much easier. Still learning more about it but I don't see myself going back to the iphone in the near future.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I was really tied to itunes, I have 12K+ of songs, 200+ audio books, podcast auto downloads. I was really hoping apple would have made the 5s with a larger screen.

But, now after using android, I really like the customization. I now use 2 apps to replace itunes, and everything seems to work well so far.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts