1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is from Fosters News Group.

Monday July 26, 2004
E-mail This Article

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motorcycle hits 165 mph in two-state highway chase
From Staff Reports

PORTSMOUTH — A speeding motorcyclist evaded police in two states Sunday night.

Maine State Police, who at one point clocked the bike at 165 miles per hour on the Maine Turnpike, chased the motorcyclist for approximately one hour with help from several local police departments.

The motorcyclist was first reported speeding on Interstate 495 in New Gloucester, Maine, near the state police barracks. During the chase, the bike circled through several towns, including Kittery, York, Berwick, Kennebunk, Wells, Biddeford and Saco.

Maine State Police called off their chase at 7:32 p.m. for safety reasons due to heavy traffic in the area of the Kittery outlet malls on Route 1.

Portsmouth police picked up the chase briefly when the motorcyclist crossed the state line into New Hampshire. The bike reportedly went through the city in approximately 65 seconds.

Sgt. Steven DuBois said Portsmouth police lost contact with the bike as it was headed toward North Hampton on Route 1.

Maine state police said there were conflicting reports as to exactly what type of bike the motorcyclist rode, and they were unable to get license plate information.

Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call (207) 871-7755.

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
i thought it was amusing the rider blew thru portsmouth ibn 65 seconds...

·
Registered
569 Posts
I have to wonder if the guy knew he was being chased. When you're going that fast it isn't easy to tell if there are flashing lights behind you.

·
Registered
496 Posts
This dude obviously has balls of steel and no brains what so ever. But like lawnmower said at least the cops lost!

·
Registered
33 Posts
A very small part of me cheers...but imagine a family crossing the street in a group getting blasted by a guy doing 165. Or any other accident you can imagine at 165 mph.

The kinetic energy produced by a 500 lb bike going 165 is 629,xxx joules.

If that bike passed something that could convert his kinetic energy into Ft/Lbs he would make 853,495 ft/lbs the instant he passed.

Thats a whole lot of destruction if he makes one mistake....

·
Registered
522 Posts
lucky a dear didn't run out in front of him at 165mph...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Only thing he did was piss off some cops, so when the next guy on a sport bike is crusing by at 5mph over, he's gonna get popped. I don't think he would have gotten away from the troopers in FL, they have some fast cars.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The motorcyclist was first reported speeding on Interstate 495 in New Gloucester, Maine, near the state police barracks. During the chase, the bike circled through several towns, including Kittery, York, Berwick, Kennebunk, Wells, Biddeford and Saco.
[owned]Fizopwnoned[/owned].....learn to read sucka.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Man, I live in Biddeford, I heard nothing about this!! Yeah, I'd like to thank the F%$#er for making all the Po po look at us harder now around here. This $hit really pi$$e$ me off! He could have seriously hurt someone regardless of highway or town crossing, what the hell was he thinking! This is exactly the shit that gives us all bad names.

Ok, off my soapbox now, had to vent!

J

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.