Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of the old SBN'ers here will remember Katie. She was one of the original females here and made a big impact on SBN back in the day. Katie died in a motorcycle crash yesterday and left a young daughter behind.

From a friend of hers:

"yesterday around 4pm Katie was killed in a motorcycle accident on 395. I was told that she died instantly. "

RIP Katie, you'll be missed by many. :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
533 Posts
oh man another horrible story, RIP.

any more details on what happened?

be safe everyone

·
Registered
279 Posts
Shit like this really brings me down sometimes...makes me wonder why I even have a bike in my garage. I'll ride for her and everyother who has gone down so innocently!

RIP KATIE!

·
Registered
308 Posts
I remember her when I first joined SBN in 01'. RIP to a fellow rider. Thank you for you gracing us with your presence for the time you've been with us. God speed...

·
Super Moderator
18,634 Posts
HOLY SH**!!!!!!

No way...I remember Katie all too well...Excellent member and person...

RIP and prayers to the family...She will be missed by many, many people...

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
rip to a fellow rider. you will be missed although i didn't have the opportunity to meet you...you must've earned the respect of those around you. my thoughts are with your family, RIP Katie.

·
Registered
126 Posts
That girl was all over the internet with the sexy pics she had made of her and her bike. She was a real cutie.
RIP.

·
Registered
238 Posts
RIP i dont know you but u are in my heart

·
Registered
348 Posts
Rest in Peace Katie- like someone else said- should I even be riding- who will I leave behind?

·
Registered
584 Posts
RIP Katie. Unfortunatelly I never got to meet her :(

·
Registered
347 Posts
Although this is my first post on SBN, I wanted to offer my condolences to Katie's family and friends...RIP

·
Registered
646 Posts
What a cool chick she was. Damn yo. This sport is getting crazy. Too many young ppl with a lot of life to live. You will be missed Katie.

Are there any more details?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Flash6R said:
What a cool chick she was. Damn yo. This sport is getting crazy. Too many young ppl with a lot of life to live. You will be missed Katie.

Are there any more details?
Funeral details are posted on dcsportbikes.com. I only knew of her from others and by reputation. I saw her riding once in Woodbridge a long while ago.

This is based totally on hearsay from a couple of other riders and it is possible she was weaving in and out of traffic on I-395 and rear-ended a slow moving cab. If anyone can confirm, correct or deny the details, it would be nice.

RIP Katie. I feel bad her child and her family. If the circumstances of her death as indeed as stated, it is a useless, fucking waste. For anyone. I can accept getting T-boned. I can accept being taken out some random act of God (like a telephone falling on me while I'm riding by) or getting taken out by a ghost rider in a 1 in a million wreck on the racetrack, but to get a few car lengths ahead of everyone else to get home 10 seconds earlier is not worth dying for! For the things I can control or make a decision to not do in order to ride safely and act against them is inviting disaster to happen.

Regardless, it is useless. It is over and done. No use second-guessing what might have been.

Everyone watch what you are doing out there.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
R.I.P. to Katie...i'm just shocked. I remember she used to be a active member on the board. I feel for her daughter. Such a shame :eek:

spy...you have to be registered to view that story

·
Female Butt Lover!!
3,640 Posts
Very sad to lose a fellow rider...RIP...

·
Registered
983 Posts
Rascus said:
spy...you have to be registered to view that story
Don't want to post the whole thing because it's long and I don't want to hijack this thread with other stories.

Here's a few lines from the article though.

The Road They All Dread
Scenic, two-lane Highway 395 cuts a deadly path through the Mojave Desert. Many residents of Ridgecrest know it all too well.

"If they had a cross up here for everybody who died on this road," Simmons said, "it would look like a cemetery."

1 - 20 of 94 Posts