Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

supposedly around $10k........anybody have any more info?

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
They did an article on these bikes in one of the big mags, maybe Sport Rider. One is supposed to be a 650 vtwin. The other is supposed to be a 1000cc supercharged version for over $10k, they didn't have an exact price if I remember right, dunno. Someone posted the company's website a few days ago, maybe you can find it.

·
Registered
274 Posts
If anyone knows anything about this bike speak up becuase I think I would like to have one.. Looks sexy as hell... Any input on the performance would be great to hear, are these for sale in the USA ? I have not seen them yet ?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Ok I followed the link provided and believe after review that I may be in love.... Can't wait to actually seem them in person.. Might be a new purchase in the late 2004 to early 2005 season.

·
Resident Gun Nut
1,092 Posts
not much info on the website. would be nice to see one up close. who knows, maybe they'll sell well. i think they're nice looking bikes. i don't know if i'm too keen on the 650 engine though. why that and not a liter V-twin?

·
Sub-Zero
922 Posts
OUCH!............... thats slow.. lol

·
rectal rooter
482 Posts
didnt we have like 2 threads on this like 6 months ago? they were supposed to use a priller motor for the liter version, and an sv motor for the 650. then it went to the tiller motor and the hyposung, which is pretty much the same as the sv motor. i dont know when this will actually become a reality. they DO look good, but its just assembled in america, they are still using jap parts, so wtf.

·
Super Moderator
18,633 Posts
X, this company has had this bike(and site) for a while...I would love to see it become a reality...As for being "American", I'm not sure...All the info used to say they we're going to get the engine from overseas :dunno

·
Registered
274 Posts
Ok so maybee after further research I should keep my GSXR. Does not look like the new american made bike would get the job done for me. But damn it is sweet looking. Guess I will have to wait until they actually come out in the dealers to see what they really have ..

·
Resident Freak
1,637 Posts
Cool bike, but I agree with a previous post; seems a bit underpowered. Go to your nearest Triumph dealer and test ride a Thruxton; should give you some indication of the bike's power, as the Thruxton puts out about the same figures.

Thinking out loud, I think I'd rather have a Thruxton for 8500 or so than this thing for 10k. Hmmm...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts