Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
7,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres the story. An American student studying in Canada went and voted in our federal election of Tuesday. Problem is, he is NOT a Canadian citizen, and NOT allowed to vote. He did this on purpose to show that there is a potential flaw in our voter registry. The potential fine is $5,000 and up to 5 years in jail.
So here's the question: Should we shoot him {like in Iraq when you screw with an election}, jail him and deport him, or should we just let him off with a warning for screwing with our electoral system?
I await your deep thoughts, oh people of the corn.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Hmm unless they start to come over by the thousands i dont really care. Especially with a minority government nothing is going to get done for the next 18 months anyways.

·
Registered
7,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
people who vote should care. Then again, ^you probably voted for Arnold so,....

·
Registered
7,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry subaru, no link yet--the story just came out today. btw, to the American who said "who cares"--what if you guys had the same problem with your voter registry, and say a few thousand illegal imigrants {Muslim, perhaps?} decided to affect the outcome of YOUR federal election, perhaps to even vote for a communist party?? Would you still not care? Offer an educated opinion next time, or at least a witty comeback---Saying "Who cares" is the real reason why most Americans travel Europe with a Canadian flag on their backpack.

·
Spoonin' leads to Forkin'
1,140 Posts
He performed an illeagal act...knowingly, therefore should be subject to the laws of the local government.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Fine him the $5K and deport his sorry ass back to the US, where the border patrol can pick him up and send him to prison for the 5 years (he'll get out in two, if he's a good boy) and he'll learn that fucking with another country's voting system is not to be taken lightly - he should already know that, as an American!

·
Registered
825 Posts
Fine Him and kick his ass out then contact the US state department. This boy did not just break the law he went out his his way to. In the way I see it, it is a big difference.

So far as us Yank's there is no way illegal immigrants could sway an election because we have the electoral collage and they're already bought and paid for by corporations. :)

·
Registered
722 Posts
Canada should have better regulations on their polls so a non-registered voter could not vote. The American showed you a week point. What's stopping thousands of immigrants from voting in Canada and changing the elections? Nothing, besides the fact that no one cares about Canada. Which is the reason why you claim Americans wear the Canadian flag, because no one cares.

That's why I said what I said. I'm questioning the Canadian procedures.

So, no, do not shoot the American. Say thank you for pointing this out and fix the problem.

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
8,497 Posts
blackripley said:
So far as us Yank's there is no way illegal immigrants could sway an election because we have the electoral collage and they're already bought and paid for by corporations. :)

Aint that the fucking truth!

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
hell yes - shoot his dumbass we don't need anybody stupid enough to go to canada reproducing.....:cheers

·
Show them to me...
5,983 Posts
badgixxer said:
hell yes - shoot his dumbass we don't need anybody stupid enough to go to canada reproducing.....:cheers
:eek:nfloor :lao :eek:nfloor

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
RugbyCanada said:
Heres the story. An American student studying in Canada went and voted in our federal election of Tuesday. Problem is, he is NOT a Canadian citizen, and NOT allowed to vote. He did this on purpose to show that there is a potential flaw in our voter registry. The potential fine is $5,000 and up to 5 years in jail.
So here's the question: Should we shoot him {like in Iraq when you screw with an election}, jail him and deport him, or should we just let him off with a warning for screwing with our electoral system?
I await your deep thoughts, oh people of the corn.

fine him & then deport him

1 - 20 of 36 Posts